What's new

Theirs-Issard are supposed to come shave ready no?

Art Of Shaving....my arse. As a 'purveyor of premium shaving items', they can't invest $20.00 or hire in-house a hone-mei...person to take care of this most basic and essential task?? Just silly...

I feel the same way woodash. I just don't get how they didn't have it gone over. It makes you realize its more retail then a real place to go.

Now, I know you said you would send it out to TI to get it honed, but if you haven't already sent it out, you could just skip them and send it to me so I can use my Naniwa Super Stones on it and finish with my SS 12K, which is what you wanted. I don't know if TI has a 12K.

Now, I know you said you would send it out to TI to get it honed, but if you haven't already sent it out, you could just skip them and send it to me so I can use my Naniwa Super Stones on it and finish with my SS 12K, which is what you wanted. I don't know if TI has a 12K.

damnit rac! lol. My girlfriend has it right now, I will see if I can grab it from her when she comes back down from visiting family. she went way upstate NY and doesn't have service. I hope she contacts me before giving it over. Id love to see how a 12k fine hone shaves! If anything, once I get it back, ill send it to you. lol that would be an interesting comparison. an AOS edge, to a B&B edge! Thank you for the offer again, rac. I just wanna shave with it already! its such a fancy straight for me!

damnit rac! lol. My girlfriend has it right now, I will see if I can grab it from her when she comes back down from visiting family. she went way upstate NY and doesn't have service. I hope she contacts me before giving it over. Id love to see how a 12k fine hone shaves! If anything, once I get it back, ill send it to you. lol that would be an interesting comparison. an AOS edge, to a B&B edge! Thank you for the offer again, rac. I just wanna shave with it already! its such a fancy straight for me!

Yeah, let me know, and I will be happy to hone it for you.

hey, youre over in rome ny? I was over in Utica to see a friend from college. shes all the way on the other side though, somewhere near Plattsburgh, I always forget exactly because she always references the college lol

I have a feeling AOS is gonna just set it aside and then send it back. Or give you a replacement. I don't see them sending it out. Maybe I am wrong, but I am interested to hear what happens..

from what they said, theyre sending it to a place called cutters edge somewhere far in jersey, its being delivered by the store manager there because its by his house or something. so we'll see.

Art Of Shaving....my arse. As a 'purveyor of premium shaving items', they can't invest $20.00 or hire in-house a hone-mei...person to take care of this most basic and essential task?? Just silly...

the AOS here in the dadeland mall send all their straight customers to me for their honing needs....

been pretty busy the last couple weeks....

Wish I read this thread earlier. I just got a TI from the art of shaving also and to me it didn't come shave ready. At least that's what I think. I performed the HHT and it it split hairs but when I shaved with it, it felt alot more dull than one of my other straights. I called over there and they told me that it is indeed shave ready and recommended a guy who does sharpening if I feel it needs it. Would love to know the outcome of what happens here.

Wish I read this thread earlier. I just got a TI from the art of shaving also and to me it didn't come shave ready. At least that's what I think. I performed the HHT and it it split hairs but when I shaved with it, it felt alot more dull than one of my other straights. I called over there and they told me that it is indeed shave ready and recommended a guy who does sharpening if I feel it needs it. Would love to know the outcome of what happens here.
To be honest, and for lack of another phrase, I was pissed. lol. my girlfriend was a little more upset. She had bought it a while back and would've been fine to get it honed, but they insisted to her several times on a lot of occasions going there that its ready to go. They offered to get their person that they send the razors out to, when people ask to get them honed, to do it for free. This was the day I posted this. Going in today to see what they say. I just felt it was nuts that 2 stores said conflicting things, and both stuck by what they said. This blade was a little dull though. It was pulling the hair on my face. lol

Get it back from AOS and send it to someone who can put an edge on it. The difference will be night and day.

Unless of course the AOS is sending it to Paco.

Get it back from AOS and send it to someone who can put an edge on it. The difference will be night and day.

Unless of course the AOS is sending it to Paco.
they don't ship to me... they just give the customer my contact info...

Top Bottom