What's new

The Vector is Blacklands best razor.

So after years of considering I decided to give a Vector a try. I got a machined stainless vector and used a Feather pro. What an outstanding shave. I have grown a beard and it made getting clean and perfect lines effortless. It was exceptionally smooth and intuitive to use. I never felt I was in danger of a cut or nick and the blade feel was perfect. It was not intimidating at all. I would agree this is the best Blackland razor and makes a case for the best razor I have ever used. @Blackland Razors well done sir, well done.

That's awesome to hear! Thanks for giving the Vector a shot. It's really turned out to be a great product that would probably be my personal desert island razor.

My (current) favorite DE razor is the regular SS Blackbird and I’m considering getting a Vector. I just tried the Blackbird Lite plate and it wasn’t efficient enough for my needs.

Question: does the Ti version of the Vector shave more smoothly than the stainless steel version?

I usually prefer the weight of stainless steel or brass (as well as the reduced cost). Is the Ti version worth the extra money?

My (current) favorite DE razor is the regular SS Blackbird and I’m considering getting a Vector. I just tried the Blackbird Lite plate and it wasn’t efficient enough for my needs.

Question: does the Ti version of the Vector shave more smoothly than the stainless steel version?

I usually prefer the weight of stainless steel or brass (as well as the reduced cost). Is the Ti version worth the extra money?

If you generally prefer stainless, I recommend the stainless Vector. It’s already incredibly light so I think you may not enjoy the extra weight savings of titanium. The difference between the two metals is more subtle than for the Blackbird.

I'm going to chime in with my 2 cents:

I purchased a stainless steel Vector to use strictly for head shaves, and in well over a year I have never used it to shave my face.

The good news:

It is beautifully machined, very precise fit and finish, nimble and feels great in the hand. The handle is a bit longer than I prefer with a DE, but perfectly suited for head shaves.

There is bad news:

It shaves so well that (effortless, autopilot, BBS) that all of my other SE "head" razors feel inferior in comparison.

The high bar set by my Vector has also led to my futile search for a stainless steel, 3-piece SE razor that utilizes half DE blades, and delivers that same shave. I've spent more than the cost of my Vector in my search...and the razor simply does not exist...I've spent a lot of time and money, and not been able to find it.

When I want a close, comfortable, mindless head shave, I reach for my Vector.

I'm Vector spoiled.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I'm going to chime in with my 2 cents:

I purchased a stainless steel Vector to use strictly for head shaves, and in well over a year I have never used it to shave my face.

The good news:

It is beautifully machined, very precise fit and finish, nimble and feels great in the hand. The handle is a bit longer than I prefer with a DE, but perfectly suited for head shaves.

There is bad news:

It shaves so well that (effortless, autopilot, BBS) that all of my other SE "head" razors feel inferior in comparison.

The high bar set by my Vector has also led to my futile search for a stainless steel, 3-piece SE razor that utilizes half DE blades, and delivers that same shave. I've spent more than the cost of my Vector in my search...and the razor simply does not exist...I've spent a lot of time and money, and not been able to find it.

When I want a close, comfortable, mindless head shave, I reach for my Vector.

I'm Vector spoiled.

It really is that good for me too. I don't think I've every experienced any discomfort, or lack of closeness with it, from day 1.

If you generally prefer stainless, I recommend the stainless Vector. It’s already incredibly light so I think you may not enjoy the extra weight savings of titanium. The difference between the two metals is more subtle than for the Blackbird.

Final question….

Do you offer a senior discount? 😎

Top Bottom