What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke thread VIII- BBQ at the B&B

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Hubba hubba.

How's it hold themps, Aaron? Son-in-law's stays pretty steady, once you get it dialed in.

Reverse sear tenderloin, grilled asparagus and a baked potatoes.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
proxy.php

Dang you Bruce...that's one of my favorite dinners. All we had tonight was a King Ranch chicken casserole and a green bean/potato mix side.

SWMBO is going to the store tomorrow...that's what's for dinner tomorrow night.

Now I'm hungry again.

I'm still dialing the thing in. It's a heck of a lot of fun though. I smell like Smokey the Bear.

Once you get used to it you should do great...it seems to hold temp. well. But...one time we were sitting on son-in-law's backyard concrete pad thing he calls a patio and the smoker, in which he was doing a brisket flat, went from about 225 to a bit under 200 so he cranked open the intake damper and went inside to get a beer and do something else. He wasn't gone 5-10 minutes and I saw that it went from about 180 to almost 400 in that short of a time...I had to go shut the damper down.

I think you'll like it.

Keep us posted on this year's chili cook-off.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The flat was dry and semi-tender. The point was nearly perfect, nice and juicy and pull apart tender. I did not season it enough. It needed more salt and pepper. A first for the new pit. I've learned a lot, I think.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh, and those were sweet peppers- they went well with the Big O's. My sister even braved a dab.

Cooked up a few tacos with my cast iron lodge sportsman's grill

Attachments

• $DSC_0002.jpg
    $DSC_0002.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 67
  • $DSC_0009.jpg
    $DSC_0009.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 66
  • $DSC_0012.jpg
    $DSC_0012.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom