What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
On tap for today are 9 lbs of loaded ribs cut 1 1/2" thick, 4 racks of pork ribs, 10 lbs of fajitas, 3 lbs of sausage, 3 New York Strips, a whole chicken, and 5 lbs of shrimp. That should be enough.
marty

On tap for today are 9 lbs of loaded ribs cut 1 1/2" thick, 4 racks of pork ribs, 10 lbs of fajitas, 3 lbs of sausage, 3 New York Strips, a whole chicken, and 5 lbs of shrimp. That should be enough.
marty
You and Jim are both grillin' in the Heavyweight division, this weekend!

RIBS! Just used a bit of Memphis Dust. I overdid them a bit since I have never cooked ribs low and slow before. They were nice and tender though. Added 2 chunks of hickory and they lasted a lot longer than I thought they would have so next time I will only use 1.

martym

What's for supper? :w00t:

I was wondering the same thing. Then I remembered that I have 5 lbs of beef sweetbreads too!!
The whole fam damily is coming over this afternoon and tomorrow. I will only BBQ once and in the morning I will do waffles. We have a double Waffle maker. After that they are on their own. Ihaven't slept much!
Police woke me up at 5a cuz the neighbors car was broken into and the bad guys ran thru my yard. The officer asked if they had tried to break into my home. I asked if they had any calls from my address for the Justice of the Peace. He laughed.
marty

Simple brine is a quarter cup salt to a gallon of water.you can add some sugar also for pork
I use a quarter cup brown sugar. Brine for a few hours (refrigerated) and you will be good to go. Works great for poultry, too.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Police woke me up at 5a cuz the neighbors car was broken into and the bad guys ran thru my yard. The officer asked if they had tried to break into my home. I asked if they had any calls from my address for the Justice of the Peace. He laughed.

marty

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was wondering the same thing. Then I remembered that I have 5 lbs of beef sweetbreads too!!
The whole fam damily is coming over this afternoon and tomorrow. I will only BBQ once and in the morning I will do waffles. We have a double Waffle maker. After that they are on their own. Ihaven't slept much!
marty

Awesome Marty! You just made me smile!! I haven't heard the term fam damily in years and years.

Glad I was able to contribute to that smile on your face.
marty

Ive been crying because I'm still waiting for my vision Komodo smoker to arrive. Every other part of the order came by Thursday. Wood chips (mesquite, Apple, and hickory), smoking stone, lump charcoal, electric fire starter........just need the smoker

martym

Despite the rain. Just a small part of what was prepared.
I put Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ sauce and orange blossom honey on the pork loin ribs. They were slap your mama good.
marty

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 53
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom