What's new

The SCORE! 2014 Edition!

Our youngest son was deployed to Afghanistan last year and first month of this year with the Third Battalion Seventh Regiment. A machinegunner, he was in some ticklish spots and it was a difficult time. While there he and I were skyping one evening and he mentioned that they had opportunity to take advantage of new Colt Government Models with 3/7 accessories offered to 3/7 Marines for a good price. I asked if he could get two and so he ordered a couple in December while still deployed. He got back in late January, the pistols arrived at his PX in April, and he shipped one over to me last week.

Came supplied with two sets of grips and an accessory skeletonized trigger if one wished to swap out triggers. I'll leave the trigger alone and will leave the double-diamond grips on it for usin' purposes. I'm holding off to shoot it for the first time until he can come by here on leave later this month then we're going to shoot the two pistols together in a long ".45-Fest."

Got an AP Customs 15" carbon fiber hand guard headed my way this week! Been rolling my pennies to pick one of these up, got a killer deal for $175!

-Xander

3 inch 686+ purchased as a house/range gun for SWMBO , and as a toy/ maybe open carry piece for me! $uploadfromtaptalk1406046919122.jpg

Just got this back from storage at my parents place. It had been in a closet for probably 5+ years. I'll post again when I get the new acquisition added to it and a good cleaning.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1406166618873.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1406166618873.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 211
Cleaned it up and mounted a Simmons 3-9x32 AO on a UTG airgun mount.

My neighbor ordered a universal boresight that we'll start with and then hopefully dial it in.

I'm pretty excited to start plinking again. I remember buying it new with my Dad when I was 12 (based on the serial number, not my memory). I shot a lot of 22 with my cousins when I'd spend summers with them on their ranch.

I hope I'm a better shot with a scope than I used to be with iron sights, but it'll be fun either way as long as I can keep finding ammo for it.

$IMAG0841.jpg

And yes, I probably feel just as giddy as the day we were buying it. :)

2014 brought me two fairly good deals on handguns:

A CZ75B in 90% condition that cost me $325 OTD from a gunshop I've done business with for 20+years. Came with three mags!

And a Smiff&Western Model 49 Bodyguard with some freckling on the frame, but otherwise pretty "new" looking but with Hogue grips... also from the same gunshop and this one was $275 CASH.

Received this Sig Sauer earlier this year.
It was a long time waiting for this special order (13 months from date of order placed to final delivery).
It is a Sig Sauer P226 X5 Competition.
Beautiful work from Sig Sauer in Germany and brought back to the USA for delivery.

Myron

Attachments

• $SigSauer P226 X5_MG_7071.jpg
    $SigSauer P226 X5_MG_7071.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 132
Love the CZ 75B. Looking at purchasing a new custom SP-01 Accu-Shadow for personal use. Bit pricey but hope to compete with it a bit too.

2014 brought me two fairly good deals on handguns:

A CZ75B in 90% condition that cost me $325 OTD from a gunshop I've done business with for 20+years. Came with three mags!

And a Smiff&Western Model 49 Bodyguard with some freckling on the frame, but otherwise pretty "new" looking but with Hogue grips... also from the same gunshop and this one was $275 CASH.

Picked up a Glock G23 Gen3 for my carry gun.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413321022042.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413321022042.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom