What's new

Post your Valentine's Day meal here!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Show us what you got for Valentine's Day. You made it for her ... she made it for you ... you and she went to a nice restaurant ... give us the low-down and a photo or two.

PS: guys ... it's Valentine's Day today!

Take-out pizza from a local Mom & Pop, hole in the wall. Best Pizza in town "Triple C Pizzeria".

Son's choice, it's his Bday! Pics to follow, if it doesn't get eaten to quickly.

Or maybe...he made it for him....or...she made for her...:wink2:

088f7c0d-0383-4a29-9d18-60d91aca44ff_text.gif

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My wife has prepared my favourite meal which is an Ilocano dish called papaitan, also known as pinapaitan. It is a spicy stew, traditionally made with goat but my wife uses beef. It is made spicy with chillies and ginger, and bitter with the addition of bile and tamarind. Dessert was leche flan which is a caramel pudding made with condensed milk.

The wife is not here for lunch but my Valentine lunch may be:
• Fried Spam samwich on white.
• Bag of Pork Skins.
• A can of Schlitz I found in the back of my ‘76 Pinto parked out back.

No pictures, but I refuse to let my wife cook on Valentines Day, though we both agree it is just a holiday to get people to spend money. So tonight was a top sirloin roast, slow cooked for several hours, along with broccoli. The seasoning was an attempt at an Asian flavor using fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy (coconut aminos as we avoid actual soy), ginger, garlic, more garlic, and even more garlic - can’t have too much garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. She loved it, which is really all that matters.

Sort of a pho: got some beef meatballs and a carton of stock, then shallot, garlic, chili, lemongrass, star anise, bunch of coriander, diced carrot and Shanghai greens (I thought it was bok choi, but that's not what the packet said). Brown balls, sweat shallot, garlic, carrots. Add everything in, bring to a simmer, season with soy sauce and fish sauce, lime juice to balance and away we go.
tempImageFCYq6T.png

We don't really do Valentine's Day...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My wife has prepared my favourite meal which is an Ilocano dish called papaitan, also known as pinapaitan. It is a spicy stew, traditionally made with goat but my wife uses beef. It is made spicy with chillies and ginger, and bitter with the addition of bile and tamarind. Dessert was leche flan which is a caramel pudding made with condensed milk.

This is the "before" photo of the beef pochero SWMBO made for dinner.

1708018894994.png

"After":

428297293_10169148110775405_5285730819809526110_n.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
"After after" is an empty plate, so ... not much to see there.

Top Bottom