What's new

The Scandal Sheet: Straights and other stuff

That is cool. I wonder if that would be TSA approved. Probably so since the blade is fixed in the razor. Wouldn't you think. Could be great for carry-on only trips.
Hard to say, since TSA rules seem to just boil down to the opinion of the individual agent that day. But, I want to clarify, the blade isn't preloaded. So it would be a great travel razor regardless if you could score a tuck of blades at your destination. Or pack them someplace the average TSA agent wouldn't look. Like in your money clip.

Hard to say, since TSA rules seem to just boil down to the opinion of the individual agent that day. But, I want to clarify, the blade isn't preloaded. So it would be a great travel razor regardless if you could score a tuck of blades at your destination. Or pack them someplace the average TSA agent wouldn't look. Like in your money clip.
Oh so the blade is removable then? If that is so yeah that will not work. Darn it I thought is was going to be a great alternative on travel to a regular DE.

Your Dr shaves for an EKG? Not my Cardiologist or any of them before, they just rip the leads off. All the ladies in the office I've known for years, all lived in the town I had my pharmacy in for 13 years.
Just my legs for some reason. I think I've only had one EKG before (that I remember) and there was no shaving that I recall.

The stick-on monitor involved shaving my left pec, sanding it to rough up the skin, disinfection, and then massaging the sticker-leads for four minutes to make sure the adhesive took. I asked her since she was doing a shave, exfoliation, and massage, if she could do my nails too.

I haven't had a need to fly for a long time, and even less desire, so it's pretty much an academic discussion for me. But a Bic metal, heck even the Bic twin blade disposables, are really decent razors for what they are.

Getting a few razor blades onto a plane would be trivially easy though, without even hiding them in the carry-on, but I don't think it's prudent to discuss it openly, nor is it something I intend to do.

That is cool. I wonder if that would be TSA approved. Probably so since the blade is fixed in the razor. Wouldn't you think. Could be great for carry-on only trips.
I wonder if, at that point, a regular gilette fision pro-uber-uptilion-blade might be better? Might make for an interesting "shootout"

I traveled for years with cart razors without TSA issues, but I would not carry DE or SE blades. I would not want to be "that guy" slowing the line, or worse, get into trouble over something like this.

That said, when we go to Poland every year to see family, I am thinking about bringing an adjustable with no blades as blades are pretty easy to get over there. Too bad Polsilvers/Wizamets are no longer made there.

Last edited:
I wonder if, at that point, a regular gilette fision pro-uber-uptilion-blade might be better? Might make for an interesting "shootout"

I traveled for years with cart razors without TSA issues, but I would not carry DE or SE blades. I would not want to be "that guy" slowing the line, or worse, get into trouble over something like this.

That said, when we go to Poland every year to see family, I am thinking about bringing an adjustable with no blades as blades are pretty easy to get over there. Too bad Polsilvers/Wizamets are no longer made there.
I would be very careful with any de,se empty out with blade in carry on. Tsa agents are notorious to confiscate even empty razors. Unless you have a very inexpensive razor I would not chance it.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I haven't had a need to fly for a long time, and even less desire, so it's pretty much an academic discussion for me. But a Bic metal, heck even the Bic twin blade disposables, are really decent razors for what they are.
I have several packs of Bic Metal disposables. I've never tried them, but I will keep them around them if I need to fly which I don't have any plans to in the near or distant future.

Top Bottom