What's new

The rise and fall of ADs

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
whats an AD?

Aquisition Disorder

They come in multiple ways... Such as Razor acquisition disorder (RAD), Shaving Soap acquisition disorder (SSAD), Razor Blade acquisition disorder (RBAD), etc.

More information on Wiki - [url\http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Abbreviations[/url]

Sluggo... Sluggo...

You disappoint me greatly, Young Jedi...

Yeah I know, but when I saw my finances and saw that I spent a significan amount of money / month on this stuff I had to cut some out...I think I was more addicted to the BST than anything else!

If you pace yourself, you can make this hobby and all the AD's last a life time, rather than burning out in six months.

I'm trying to follow this path. Although I have my eye on just one more straight razor. Actually, I have only bought two straight razors and two HD razors. I'm probably doing pretty good.

Yeah I know, but when I saw my finances and saw that I spent a significan amount of money / month on this stuff I had to cut some out...I think I was more addicted to the BST than anything else!

The BST is, to borrow a phrase from that great shaver, Honer P. Simpson, "refreshingly addictive" :tongue_sm

And I was worried there was something in the water in Door County that made you recant of your ADs :biggrin:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Old Saw-

This is sage advice!

How many of us will follow your path??

Few, I would imagine...

cheers,

Marty E.

I'm trying to follow this path. Although I have my eye on just one more straight razor. Actually, I have only bought two straight razors and two HD razors. I'm probably doing pretty good.

Well, I'm still at it. My collection is rather modest. My favorite thing to acquire is lathering products, but I try to space my purchases. There are still many products that I haven't even tried yet.

If you pace yourself, you can make this hobby and all the AD's last a life time, rather than burning out in six months.

The one good thing about guitars vs. other hobbies though is you don't need to pace yourself, cause if you play/acquire too much, the only thing burning out is your fretboard/peoples faces.

Last edited:
Top Bottom