What's new

The package date

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just recieved some Yorktown in the recent C&D bulk sale and the package date has got to be off...any thoughts?
20240218_122227.jpg

20240218_122231.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Technically C&D was around then so maybe they found the stash on the back shelf? When was Yorktown first blended?

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
More than likely, it’s probably a misprint. But if it isn’t, well enjoy some 30+yr old leaf!😁

Edit to add:
The oldest review I saw on Tobacco Reviews was from 2003. Not saying that is when it was first blended, that’s the oldest review I could find.

brandaves

I believe it's been around but I'm fairly certain that the Yorktown label underwent a rebrand to the one on the bag within the last 5-6 years...the one depicting the Yorktown battle scene I mean. I don't think the bag is that old. Interesting though.

brandaves

And the branding label says Laudisi Enterprises. C&D wasn't owned by Laudisi way back then...Laudisi wouldn't have been founded for a long while yet.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Send them an email? I doubt that the tocacco would have been stored in the bag. Maybe a new bag with the correct blend date for an old tobacco?

brandaves

Send them an email? I doubt that the tocacco would have been stored in the bag. Maybe a new bag with the correct blend date for an old tobacco?
I'm going to smoke some this evening hopefully. It certainly doesn't act how I'd expect 30 year old tobacco to act. The moisture and aroma is right at what I'd expect new. I packed it into mylar today and it had the right moisture to be springy when packed. I'm pretty sure they meant to put a 2 in place of the 9 at the end. 121923 makes a lot more sense to me.

Top Bottom