What's new

The Never-Ending PIF PIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, that's what i thought or was told as well.

there is an older thread in GENERAL, that people can feel free to revive, that might be fun as well. NEVER NEVER HAVE I EVER (PIF)

Here's the problem with giving up stuff that you still like or use such as shaving brushes. Once you start handing it out to random people, there's a good chance you'll likely never see that item ever again. You're taking a chance to get your stuff stolen and never be recovered. And it's unfortunately happened to someone here. But if you don't want the item anymore, then that's a different story and totally fine. Just saying here...

Here's the problem with giving up stuff that you still like or use such as shaving brushes. Once you start handing it out to random people, there's a good chance you'll likely never see that item ever again. You're taking a chance to get your stuff stolen and never be recovered. And it's unfortunately happened to someone here. But if you don't want the item anymore, then that's a different story and totally fine. Just saying here...

? that thread was not a "loan or borrow" thread.

it was that you posted "i have never tried TABAC" and then someone with tabac would PIF you some of their stockpile or a sample etc.

Well, that's a debate for another time and place, but the object of this little endeavor is simply to give away an item that you don't really use, in return for claiming an item that someone else wasn't really using. Initially, the thought was shaving soaps, but as someone already mentioned it did quickly morph.

While we're at it fellas, post here if you wish to claim an item, and then PM your address as Vez suggested. To make it easier to keep track, if you're the "giver", please post to whom your item is going, so that person can then post his item.

On the table right now is Sqratch's QED Limes, and I think spaceghost is putting up his VDH after claiming the proraso. Items from cryhavoc & talltree2011 should be coming soon. Who wants 'em?

This is a PIF, you don't get back what you give. If you like your things don't give it away. Do you understand what a PIF is?

In his PM to me, he said "I'll take the Eucalyptus (Proaso), but will skip the Limes". I wonder if maybe he thought I had both of those? In any case, I do plan to package up the Proaso and ship out shortly to spaceghost.

I wasn't sure either. He did specifically state that he only had VDH to put up, then claimed the Proraso. Spaceghost, would you please clarify?

In his PM to me, he said "I'll take the Eucalyptus (Proaso), but will skip the Limes". I wonder if maybe he thought I had both of those? In any case, I do plan to package up the Proaso and ship out shortly to spaceghost.

Okay then, on the table are Spaceghost's VDH, Sqratch's QED Limes, and cryhavoc's Bigelow, with one more from talltree2011 on the way. Who wants 'em?

I'd like to get rid of an unscented Icabod Conk. PM me if you are interested. I am interested in any of the soaps mentioned-- never tried any of them!

I would love to do this same thing with after shaves- I have several well known brands that I have used a few times (and few unopened) but would like to thin the herd -- again, shipping costs are going to be interesting but I would rather see these used and have the opportunity to try something different then just let them sit there.

Last edited:
I'd like to get rid of an unscented Icabod Conk. PM me if you are interested. I am interested in any of the soaps mentioned-- never tried any of them!

I would love to do this same thing with after shaves- I have several well known brands that I have used a few times (and few unopened) but would like to thin the herd -- again, shipping costs are going to be interesting but I would rather see these used and have the opportunity to try something different then just let them sit there.

Ron,
Just pick one that's currently available and stake your claim here. PM the donor your mailing info, then when he confirms that it's heading your way you can post your Conk (or any of your aftershaves - the idea was soaps at first, but any shave goodies are welcome).

I feel a movie quote coming on! "I love the smell of Macca Root in the morning. It smells like BBS!" (Apologies to all the Apocalypse Now fans out there.) The Macca Root arrived today from Teflon_Synapses, and it smells great! I can't wait to try it out.

Well, that's a debate for another time and place, but the object of this little endeavor is simply to give away an item that you don't really use, in return for claiming an item that someone else wasn't really using. Initially, the thought was shaving soaps, but as someone already mentioned it did quickly morph.

While we're at it fellas, post here if you wish to claim an item, and then PM your address as Vez suggested. To make it easier to keep track, if you're the "giver", please post to whom your item is going, so that person can then post his item.

On the table right now is Sqratch's QED Limes, and I think spaceghost is putting up his VDH after claiming the proraso. Items from cryhavoc & talltree2011 should be coming soon. Who wants 'em?

lol. Woops my bad for not calrifying this. I meant in general. But it was an error on my part. Disregard what I had said earlier. I thought this was a "trying" thing. Like you give it to the next person to try and so on. After rereading everything I understand what this is all about.

Here's a thought: Price, who started this wonderful thread, stated he had too many soaps. I've PIF'ed an old Tech and I've seen a couple of ASB PIFs here too. I'm asking this question to the Price and to the group as a whole: Can we open this up to anything shaving? I think there's another PIF thread, but it's hundreds of pages long, and I kind of like the small group setting we have here. I ask because I've got at least one AS that's not getting used and I'd rather PIF than sell. If I'm off base, then mea culpa. Better to ask than to wonder is my motto! :biggrin1:

Here's a thought: Price, who started this wonderful thread, stated he had too many soaps. I've PIF'ed an old Tech and I've seen a couple of ASB PIFs here too. I'm asking this question to the Price and to the group as a whole: Can we open this up to anything shaving? I think there's another PIF thread, but it's hundreds of pages long, and I kind of like the small group setting we have here. I ask because I've got at least one AS that's not getting used and I'd rather PIF than sell. If I'm off base, then mea culpa. Better to ask than to wonder is my motto! :biggrin1:

I am pretty sure you can PIF soap, cream, ASB, etc. on this thread....the only catch it whoever claims a PIF then has to offer a PIF. I don't see why you would not be able to offer an ASB if you wanted. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I stand corrected...I read the OP and it looks like it is soaps only...not balms. Sorry....I spoke too soon. I am sure someone else will chime in still though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom