What's new

The Never-Ending PIF PIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bengal Tiger, I'm glad you're enjoying the superspeed. It truly is a classic razor that everyone should have in their shaving den.

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but does it feel like the thread has slowed down a bit (or at least the explosive multiple page updates) since we stopped doing advance PIF?

Again, I'm not complaining, just asking.

Yes it has... But the thread was evolving from the original intent of "PIF an item you have that isn't seeing any use to someone who can use it" to a "gift exchange" thread. Nothing wrong at all with a gift-exchange thread, but that wasn't the original intent of Price starting this one.

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but does it feel like the thread has slowed down a bit (or at least the explosive multiple page updates) since we stopped doing advance PIF?

Again, I'm not complaining, just asking.

Yes, it most certainly has; it's slowed way down.

Without the ability to put up advance PIFS, no PIFs will be put up until someone claims something that is currently up. If there is nothing that I want currently posted, I have to sit around and wait for something more to my liking. If everyone is sitting around, and waiting the thread will basically go dead.

It's worth noting, we have six people on the current list with question marks beside their names. What does that mean? Have they taken PIFs, but not done their part to post up a PIF? Have they simply forgotten about this thread??

I feel the thread is at a standstill at the moment, as a lot of the items have been sitting on the list for many days with nobody claiming them.

Last edited:
Yes, it most certainly has; it's slowed way down.

Without the ability to put up advance PIFS, no PIFs will be put up until someone claims something that is currently up. If there is nothing that I want currently posted, I have to sit around and wait for something more to my liking. If everyone is sitting around, and waiting the thread will basically go dead.

It's worth noting, we have six people on the current lists with question marks beside their names. What does that mean? Have they taken PIFs, but not done their part to post up a PIF? Have the simply forgotten about this thread??

I feel the thread is at a standstill at the moment, as a lot of the items have been sitting on the list for many days with nobody claiming them.

It's not that they're not doing their part to post up a PIF, it's a reasonable option given in this thread to wait till you receive your item before you post a PIF of your own. I believe most of the ? are practising this rule.

It's worth noting, we have six people on the current list with question marks beside their names. What does that mean? Have they taken PIFs, but not done their part to post up a PIF? Have they simply forgotten about this thread??

CorAnd did have a PIF up for a long time - a pretty nice one I thought, Col.Conk Bay Rum soap and a bottle of Master Bay Rum. Nobody took it.

Some of the others said they are awaiting their incoming PIFs before putting one up. I've seen the others post so they may be trying to select something from their den to put up.

Person Giving PIF - Item that is available (Percentage left)

CorAnd - ?
GreekGuy - ?
Illadelphia- tube of Body Shop shave cream (70%), a pack of personna's and a sample piece of java lather
greyrooms - Art of Shaving tiny Travel Brush, 2 packs Astra SP, GFT "Curzon Cologne" sample, GFT Violet cream sample
NexlevMM - (1) New Tube of WARS Shave cream & (1) Tube of CO Bigelow/Proraso (95%)
Nova316 - 40g or so of TOBS almond (Will come in a pouch unless you really want the tub), 2 packs of Astra SP, sample of MB Irish tweed,
Mo5751- AOS Lavender Pre Shave oil has about 80%-85% left
PLPenn - 2oz of the VEG, Every Man Jack post shave lotion 40ish% left, Pacific Shaving Company All Nat. Shave cream about 50% left.
CyberJCM - ?
Manybilis - ?
Vlad- ?
Sanotef - KMF moisture shave cream fragrance free 11oz pump (old formula w/parabens) 85%

**No More Advanced PIFS**

Credit: (Members who have given an advance PIF)
drcolossus11 (x2)

*Once you claim a PIF here, pm that person to let them know that you've claimed it, you must then copy and post the most current list and then add your name to the list. Put the item you wish to PIF next to your name or a (?) if you wish to wait until you receive your PIF first. You may only have one outstanding PIF

Nova316 - 40g or so of TOBS almond (Will come in a pouch unless you really want the tub), 2 packs of Astra SP, sample of MB Irish tweed,

Wow, that is a sweet PIF!! I would be all over that, if I didn't have such a huge stock of shaving soap, and shaving cream right now. TOBS is great stuff!!

I thought it was a nice pif. If I didn't have a full puck of the Col Conk and 3 Bay Rum AS's, I would have taken it myself.

Yes, it was a super nice PIF!!

I have never tried Col Conk before, just got a puck of Col Conk Amber in the mail today.

I have a bottle of Master's Bay Rum I am working through. I am undecided if I will replace it when it is empty. Bay Rum is good stuff, but I have other Aftershaves I love more.

I wonder if we should petition a Mod to have this thread moved, might get more attention if it was in General Shaving.

Last edited:
I wonder if we should petition a Mod to have this thread moved, might get more attention if it was in General Shaving.

There was a period where a lot of people seemed to not understand the explicit rules (you have to give something from your own den) and the less explicit rules (it can't be a puck of modern Williams.) There may be somewhat of an adjustment period if this was moved to General Shaving. What I think we really need is some "new blood" - there are a lot of regulars here who have already worked through a bit of their shave den, and some new eyes may decide that one of the (very nice) offerings currently up is just what the doctor ordered.

Anyway, TOBS Almond is quite nice - when I went through my samples last year, I tried all almond creams by the "Three Ts" and TOBS was my favorite by far.

CorAnd - ?
GreekGuy - ?
Illadelphia- tube of Body Shop shave cream (70%), a pack of personna's and a sample piece of java lather
greyrooms - Art of Shaving tiny Travel Brush, 2 packs Astra SP, GFT "Curzon Cologne" sample, GFT Violet cream sample
NexlevMM - (1) New Tube of WARS Shave cream & (1) Tube of CO Bigelow/Proraso (95%)
PLPenn - 2oz of the VEG, Every Man Jack post shave lotion 40ish% left, Pacific Shaving Company All Nat. Shave cream about 50% left.
CyberJCM - ?
Manybilis - ?
Vlad- ?
Sanotef - KMF moisture shave cream fragrance free 11oz pump (old formula w/parabens) 85%
.Damon. - TOBS Sandalwood Stick (90%), Brut Original Aftershave (95%), Small handful of various DE blade packs from a big sampler

drcolossus11 (x2)

*Once you claim a PIF here, pm that person to let them know that you've claimed it, you must then copy and post the most current list and then add your name to the list. Put the item you wish to PIF next to your name or a (?) if you wish to wait until you receive your PIF first. You may only have one outstanding PIF

I do enjoy the TOBS Almond but the smell doesn't do anything for me and I hope a newbie will pick it up since its a cream/soap/blades PIF. If not I am gonna put it into a Newbie mystery box and PIF it on the general forums haha
People have been super nice to me here so its the least I can do to hopefully acquire some new blood into the mix

I'd be all over the TOBS. I got some pretty decent pickups from this thread and got to try out new things that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise. There's a lot of good stuff up for grabs and someone new should get on it. Maybe they don't know how it works?

Don't be shy new people! If you have questions, ask on this thread!

Also newbies should read the sticky for what is a PIF. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/272993-What-is-a-PIF-A-Guide-for-Newbies

Kick for Saturday morning.

Updating the list

CorAnd - ?
GreekGuy - ?
CyberJCM - ?
Manybilis - ?
Vlad- ?
Kairtane - unopened tube of C&E Sweet Almond Oil cream (no longer available), couple packs of Isreali Personna blades (red pack)

drcolossus11 (x2)

Updating the list.. adding a Tub of Portman Square Cocunut (96% = 2 almonds used) and a 1/4 oz Garry sample of GFT Eucris Cream

CorAnd - ?
GreekGuy - ?
CyberJCM - ?
Manybilis - ?
Vlad- ?
7 O Menthol - Tub of Portman Square Cocunut (96%) and a 1/4 oz Garry sample of GFT Eucris

drcolossus11 (x2)

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom