What's new

The mother load.

P

Pjotr

The question is who on this site bought it and when is it all going to be PIFed to his mates here.

One of three things happened:

1. Owner died and family is clearing out

2. Owner needs the money badly

3. Owner came to his senses and said, "What am I doing? What larger purpose do all these razors I never shave with serve? I am becoming a slave to my shaving collection. I will sell these and seek the guru on the mountaintop so I might divest myself of material desires."

In any case, what a collection. Double rings, ABC sets out of the wazoo, British Aristocrats. I honestly don't know if I'd want all of that, but one of each might be nice.

I'm fairly certain the one who collected these had no part in the sale.

<Insert Price is Right "Wah wah wah wahhhhhhh" sound here>

On multiple levels that sound could be fitting.

1. If the orignal owner passed on

OR

2. He lost out on a HUGE payday

Either way, the Price is Right soundboard never loses.

Gotta think this is one stellar deal for the buyer. Yowser!! I am sorry I missed this. I would have pined about the price but sheesh, at about 17 bucks per item, somebody is sitting real pretty!!

For a guy that had just about everything - not a Rolls in the bunch! huh

I have a feeling the owner may have gone to that shave den in the sky.

Surely a collection of this magnitude belonged to a member here. And, just as surely, it was bought by a member here.

Which raises an interesting issue in my mind. When I pass on what will happen to my (relatively meagre) collection?

I'd like to think it would go to somebody who would appreciate it, presumably another B&B member. I'd also like to think that it could be sold without incurring $470 of eBay fees. Maybe I need to amend my will to be more specific about this sort of thing. Has anybody done anything specifically to address this issue?

OK, so I may be being OCD but I think of some of the collections I've seen on here and I'd hate if they went to waste after all the time spent accumulating them....

Which raises an interesting issue in my mind. When I pass on what will happen to my (relatively meagre) collection?

I'd like to think it would go to somebody who would appreciate it, presumably another B&B member. I'd also like to think that it could be sold without incurring $470 of eBay fees. Maybe I need to amend my will to be more specific about this sort of thing. Has anybody done anything specifically to address this issue?

OK, so I may be being OCD but I think of some of the collections I've seen on here and I'd hate if they went to waste after all the time spent accumulating them....

I have a son that collects razors. He already knows he will get my razors. To show his appreciation he is trying to arrange a hunting trip for me and Dick Chaney.

Wow,

I can't imagine seeing that collection in person.

The one who purchased it is either a serious collector, someone building some vintage inventory or both.

I would have loved to have had that guy as a friend. "I got some old razors in my garage, think you would want them?" :blink:

What a ridiculous, mind-blowing collection. I hope there's no sad story attached to this.

So who won it?! :w00t:

I have a son that collects razors. He already knows he will get my razors. To show his appreciation he is trying to arrange a hunting trip for me and Dick Chaney.

:lol:

proxy.php

Somebody needs to update this picture so that it's a guy in front of his shave den...

You can't take them with you. This is several orders of magnitude above the usual transaction, but there is a side to this hobby that has always been in the back of my mind, and this brings it to the fore.

While it's possible that this big haul came from a guy who just got tired of collecting, I'm guessing it's an estate deal. Most of the razors I use every day have prior owners who have shuffled off this mortal coil.

Vintage stuff has to circulate this way, but something this eye-popping makes me think about it. I'll take a moment to reflect on the guy who owned the humble Tech I'm going to shave with tonight. His little razor won't raise the eyebrows, and pulse, of a few thousand guys on a shaving forum, but he was here just as much as the RAD king who owned this bunch.

Maybe an earlier poster is right, and it's just a matter of somebody getting rid of "all those crazy razors I've been collecting all these years"...but I can't imagine somebody investing that kind of effort and time in a collection and then just selling it off like this.

Top Bottom