What's new

The Le Maurice razor from Atelier Durdan

Someone in this thread might know...

Maybe try in the link...

Someone in this thread might know...

Maybe try in the link...

I've seen those, but there's very little info about the 1.6 gap and none for the 1.8, since it's new. But I just saw that they are going to have a 15% off sale Nov 20-Nov 26.

Why the 1.8 gap? That seems super big and nearing straight-razor territory. At some point, it is no longer a 'safety razor'! 🤔

Why the 1.8 gap? That seems super big and nearing straight-razor territory. At some point, it is no longer a 'safety razor'! 🤔

That's because the blade exposure is quite small (+0.05mm) and most people report that the smaller gaps from 1.0 to 1.4 are quite on the mild side and I prefer something with high efficiency and I'm either going for the 1.6 or the 1.8 gap.

That's because the blade exposure is quite small (+0.05mm) and most people report that the smaller gaps from 1.0 to 1.4 are quite on the mild side and I prefer something with high efficiency and I'm either going for the 1.6 or the 1.8 gap.

I would personally look for something with a little more blade exposure then. I tend to think a 'balanced' blade exposure and gap provide the optimal experience with my whiskers, skin, and shave frequency.

Special occasions or 'events' are when a razor out of the norm really works for me. That's when I would look for a really large gap and/or more blade exposure option like my Muhle R41 today. I am gradually stepping up in aggression/efficiency over time though, so maybe it will become my daily razor in a few years. 🤣

IMG_0052.jpeg

SO smooth and sneaky efficient - wonderful shaver 🤩

At 185€ plus another 45€ for shipping, I'm a bit curious about the attraction to this razor other than some huge gap options. I used a Guerrilla 0.84mm and 0.99mm aluminum razor and really liked it a lot.
I'll try the Le Maurice tomorrow and see how that goes. The only other 2.00 gap razor I own is the Wolfman WR2, and that's still pretty mild for such a large gap. That's also an open comb so it will make a great head to head comparison. I guess I'll do one side with the WR2 and the other side with the Le Maurice.

I have the machined steel version, the teeth are smooth and zero problems
If you see in the comparison pic you can kind of see what I'm talking about. The teeth on the WR2 (or even WR1 for that matter) feel smoother and more refined. The teeth on the Le Maurice reminds me of the Razorock Jaws.

Top Bottom