What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 5 (Signup + the round) CTB5

I'm thinking that this is a horsey brush. Correct? Kinda scritchy with less than zero backbone.
@Luc Yes, the Musco Real was my first try, but there are also some others that look very interesting.
Any preferred method of lathering these creams from a tube? I dabbed a bunch on my face and lathered from there. Didn't get quite enough on today though.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
For the cream you could squeeze some on the brush directly and face lather (go slow on the first few swirls so you don’t send the product flying across the room).

You can apply some of the product like you did across your face (similar to a shave stick).

Or squeeze some in a bowl to bowl lather. That’s what I usually do with shaving creams.

I'm a daily shaver so I expect to get a good try of everything in the box. Except probably the SR, I'm clueless there.
I have no idea what this cream is today but ramathorns ER skills with the bandage is holding it together.
This adjustable razor brought me back for a second try. What a great shaver. Today was a very quick one pass ATG affair so I turned it up full speed to 9 and was rewarded with smooth effectiveness.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Luc

Staff member
ah, nice! From the travel razor (no handle) to the regular shave (with handle)! It is an Old Type Gillette. Sometimes, the razor doesn't look like much but it shaves very well.

I received one of these in a lot that I bought off eBay recently. I did not try it yet. It's been a while since I used an Old Type. It's not in the best condition but it's not that bad either!
IMG_2036.JPG

Today was another random assemblage from the box. I'm very impressed with these blades. Really good shaves.
I don't know the identity of the TTO razor with a plastic handle nor the initials on the soap jar. First time use ever of the "Veg." I can understand it's divided reputation.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Luc

Staff member
C'mon, you like the Veg eh?

The small jar KMF Grapefruit is: Kiss My Face - Grapefruit (I was running out of space to write all that on the jar).

I believe the razor is a Gillette Slim Twist.

I found that the Derby Premium blades are very good compared to the "regular" Derby.

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
I am not chosen! I really should decant it into a glass container to see if it improves.
In my experience, any aftershave benefits going from plastic to glass. Maybe I'm imagining things but I find that the product smells better and holds better. It takes 1-2 weeks before you can notice a difference after transferring it. I found a bottle of Brut somewhere in my shaving boxes. I remember that one clearly and it doesn't smell the same now (it's been in plastic for a few years with over 50% used). It still works and the scent takes a few minutes (post-application) to be "back".
I'm a fan of the Derby Premium blades. I got a tuck in a sampler I purchased and gave them a try. Then I picked up a bulk pack of them. They just seem to give smooth, comfortable shaves. I've still yet to try the tuck of green derby blades
I found the Derby Premium to be a few notches above the "regular" Derby Extra (Green package). But, you know, YMMV...

I think this brush is the APShave Synbad, or perhaps 2bad. It is excellent. Better I think than the G5 series of which I have all three. The razor today I'm guessing is a RazoRock product. Very mild but reasonably efficient. I think I'll try this one and yesterday's Twist with a Feather and see if they come to life a bit more.
I've used the Veg two days in a row. I believe I did so with an open mind. It's very intense and the word "lilac" somehow helps me psychologically as I'm sure the smell of lilacs in the yard is one of the best scents that God ever made.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Top Bottom