What I'd like to try:

2 Iridium Super
2 Feathers
2 Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
2 Polsilver

I'll give in trade /donation:

10 Treet Dura Sharp
10 Personna Labs

Hiya folks! I'm pretty new to shaving with DE blades -- I can't wait to try new stuff! I'm requesting 30 and offering 40 -- please let me know if my request is not copacetic. :)

I would like to try:
  1. 4 Derby Extras
  2. 4 Feathers
  3. 2 Bluebirds
  4. 2 Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue
  5. 2 Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
  6. 2 Lord Platinum
  7. 2 Gillette Platinum
  8. 2 Personna Labs
  9. 2 Personna Reds
  10. 2 Personna Meds
  11. 2 Wilkinson Sword
  12. 2 Merkur Super Platinum
  13. 2 Iridium Super

What I ask for in diversity I can offer up quantity. In exchange for:
  1. 10 7am Platinum High Stainless
  2. 10 Sharp Super Stainless
  3. 10 Astra Super Stainless
  4. 10 Shark Super Stainless

I imagine the 10's might push the bank reserve past 20 blades total on some blades -- lemme know if this is a problem! :)

While it is generous to offer 10 more blades than you are requesting, this really isn't the point of the exchange. We're not really here to create sampler packs to trade for bulk blades. If you would like to trade 2 of each one of your blades for 4 different pairs on blades from the bank that is fine.

While it is generous to offer 10 more blades than you are requesting, this really isn't the point of the exchange. We're not really here to create sampler packs to trade for bulk blades. If you would like to trade 2 of each one of your blades for 4 different pairs on blades from the bank that is fine.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I'll amend my request.

I'd like to try:
2 Feathers
2 Derbys
2 Personna Labs
2 Gillette 7oC Blue

In exchange for:
2 7am Platinum
2 Sharp Super Stainless
2 Astra Super Stainless
2 Shark Super Stainless

To donate:
3 7am Platinums
3 Shark Super Stainless
3 Sharp Super Stainless

I traded 2 Feathers and 2 IRP's for 2 Astra SP's and 2 Personna Lab blades.

This morning I tried my first Astra. WOW! Two hours later, I am sitting here with possibly the best shave I have ever had. If this blade has enough longevity, I may have found THE ONE. I probably should have waited until I had at least a few shaves with this blade, but I'm so impressed. I had to say so.

Thanks, Paul and Justin, for the opportunity.

I traded 2 Feathers and 2 IRP's for 2 Astra SP's and 2 Personna Lab blades.

This morning I tried my first Astra. WOW! Two hours later, I am sitting here with possibly the best shave I have ever had. If this blade has enough longevity, I may have found THE ONE. I probably should have waited until I had at least a few shaves with this blade, but I'm so impressed. I had to say so.

Thanks, Paul and Justin, for the opportunity.

Nice! The Astra SP is my current front-runner for "The One" in my Merkur 23c. Shark SS's are a close second (but cost more). Astra SP's are especially appealing because they're dirt cheap online.

Smooth_Shaver and dfigs, please see post #103 and resubmit and trade request. Thanks!

Sorry about that maxzoran ... How's this:

What I'd like to try:

2 Iridium Super

I'll give in trade:

2 Treet Dura Sharp
2 Personna Labs

I looking for the following: Treet Dura Sharp
Trig Silver
Crystal

I am willing to donate to the blade bank: (2)5 blade count Voshkod to help build the bank.
2 Persona Red
2 Shark Chrome

I would like to try the following blades:
2 Gillette Goal
2 Perma Sharp
2 Pol Silver
2 Rapira
2 super Max Stainless
2 Gillette 7'O Clock Blue

I will send in the following:
2 Personna Red
10 Treet Platinum

I will also donate the following blades:
1 Big Ben Stainless
1 Wilkinson Edge
1 Asco Stainless
1 Dorco Stainless

I only have 1 of each of these, so I'll happily send them to the blade bank.
Let me know if this is acceptable, and send me the address.

Thanks,
Earl

Not a problem man, Paul and I just want to keep this fair for all. Thanks for resubmitting

Sorry about that maxzoran ... How's this:

What I'd like to try:

2 Iridium Super

I'll give in trade:

2 Treet Dura Sharp
2 Personna Labs

strohman, we are more than happy to accept your donations. However, please see my post #103 regarding asking for blade samplers for bulk trades and resubmit.

I would like to try the following blades:
2 Gillette Goal
2 Perma Sharp
2 Pol Silver
2 Rapira
2 super Max Stainless
2 Gillette 7'O Clock Blue

I will send in the following:
2 Personna Red
10 Treet Platinum

I will also donate the following blades:
1 Big Ben Stainless
1 Wilkinson Edge
1 Asco Stainless
1 Dorco Stainless

I only have 1 of each of these, so I'll happily send them to the blade bank.
Let me know if this is acceptable, and send me the address.

Thanks,
Earl

Well, you said you encouraged comments about blades we tried in this exchange, so here's mine. I previously posted about trying an Astra SP I received in exchange for blades I sent in. I am only three shaves into the first blade and already I know that I have finally found TRUE LOVE. I even had to tell SWMBO and she has exactly zero interest in my shaving, so long as I am well shaved. I generally do not talk to her about it.

I am so sure that this is THE ONE that I ordered 100 this morning.

I know, I know. This does seem like a rash decision, but the heart knows what the heart knows. I'm smitten, so what can I say?

Thank you for bringing me such bliss.

David

LuckyMan, we are overfull on Derbys. Plus we don't really do bulk trades for sampler packs. But if you'd like to trade those 2 Wilkinsons for a pair of blades that'll be fine.

Will Trade
6 Derby Extra
2 Wilkinson Sword

Would like to try:
2 Red Personna
2 Astra
2 Lord
2 Shark

Congrats David! This is the true spirit of the exchange...for people to try out different types of blades before having to make a purchase.

Well, you said you encouraged comments about blades we tried in this exchange, so here's mine. I previously posted about trying an Astra SP I received in exchange for blades I sent in. I am only three shaves into the first blade and already I know that I have finally found TRUE LOVE. I even had to tell SWMBO and she has exactly zero interest in my shaving, so long as I am well shaved. I generally do not talk to her about it.

I am so sure that this is THE ONE that I ordered 100 this morning.

I know, I know. This does seem like a rash decision, but the heart knows what the heart knows. I'm smitten, so what can I say?

Thank you for bringing me such bliss.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom