What's new

The Great Blade Exchange - Redux - See Post #2 for Stock List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which...I've heard rumors of the Oompa Loompa's planning some kind of labor strife. According to my inside source (to remain unnamed) they are trying to unionize

Those ungreatful little @#$%* We need to toss the tall one down that tube and the rest will shape up... Ill go task the Cowardly Lion, he owes me a solid!

I would like to try: 2 Astra Superior Platinum and 2 Personna Med.

In exchange for: 5 Derby Blades (i.e., 1 pack of 5).

Thanks.

I would like to try: 2 Astra Superior Platinum and 2 Personna Med.

In exchange for: 5 Derby Blades (i.e., 1 pack of 5).

Thanks.

A few more ofthese and the blade exchange will be taking at the very least a temporary hiatus.

Some of you guys are posting in this thread apparently without reading any of it. I get it, the thread is getting long. You should at least read the first post of any thread you post in.

We get no benefit or reward for running this exchange; we are just trying to help others out. If it becomes to much more of a hassle I will close the doors.

Justin and Iare both very busy people and the time we spend trying to set things up with people that end up backing out, needing 10 PM’s back and forth to understand what is laid out in post #1, dealing with people rushing us because they don't get a response within 6 hours of their request or people that just want something for free is getting cumbersome.

There are a lotof great folks involved with this exchange and I am grateful for that. This thing has far exceeded the expectations I had when I started the other threadover a year ago.

I am now wondering why I typed this because the people that get on my nerves don’t seem to read the thread! :lol:

Randy your exchange is denied.

Last edited:
Because of plpenn's excellent idea, many of you have already had a chance to try several different blades blades normally reserved for the purchase of a sampler pack. Because the exchange has already reached epic proportions, Paul (plpenn) has accepted my offer to tag-team this project in an effort to allow him some free time to peruse other threads (geez y'all are high maintenance). But seriously, this awesome project he started has expanded and as such so has the process.

Here are the details:

1) browse the latest stock list and pick some blades you would like to try (in pairs)
2) post in this thread ONLY what you would like to try and what you are wanting to trade for your selections (also in pairs)
3) I will PM you once I check stock and/or blades that are already spoken for (first come, first served) and send you the blade bank address (aka Paul's address)
4) I will coordinate with Paul about what he should be expecting
5) Send Paul your blades AND a self-addressed stamped envelope (with enough post postage for return). PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR B&B NICKNAME so we can keep track of the trade
6) Stock list will be updated and published in this thread when deposits/withdrawals are physically received by Paul.
7) Your withdrawals will be sent out on Fridays

The not-so-fine print:

* donations to the bank are always accepted
* there will be a max stock limit of 20 for each blade
* let's keep it fair guys and gals. No "I'll send you 20 Derbys for 20 Feathers" or "I'll send you 10 Lords for a sampler pack" types of trades. The point of this is to allow anyone the opportunity to try a few of a wide variety of blades
* SE and DE blades will be accepted
* blades MUST be in the original wrapping AT THE VERY LEAST (ie...paper or wax wrapper, unless they come in a dispenser)
* open dialogue about blade trials are encouraged in this thread
* have fun!

This is post #1 from page #1

Anyone up for a PIF?

You cover shipping and post pics in the tread of what you get and we will hook you upwith a razor/blade/cream combo. The cream was donated by Maxzoran and is of the Kiehl's variety, the DE razor is nothing special, and the blades are derby,astra, blue bird, shark, and a few assorted others.

First one to guess the number I am thinking of and post in this thread wins.

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 7.

Last edited:
A few more ofthese and the blade exchange will be taking at the very least a temporary hiatus.

Some of you guys are posting in this thread apparently without reading any of it. I get it, the thread is getting long. You should at least read the first post of any thread you post in.

We get no benefit or reward for running this exchange; we are just trying to help others out. If it becomes to much more of a hassle I will close the doors.

Justin and Iare both very busy people and the time we spend trying to set things up with people that end up backing out, needing 10 PM’s back and forth to understand what is laid out in post #1, dealing with people rushing us because they don't get a response within 6 hours of their request or people that just want something for free is getting cumbersome.

There are a lotof great folks involved with this exchange and I am grateful for that. This thing has far exceeded the expectations I had when I started the other threadover a year ago.

I am now wondering why I typed this because the people that get on my nerves don’t seem to read the thread! :lol:

Randy your exchange is denied.

Bravo Paul. You're right though...the offenders most likely won't read this. But, we can always hope!

I know it seems like Paul and I hand out tongue lashings quite often but it is an attempt for us to police our own thread without having to burden mods with issues. That will be the fastest way for us to get shut down. For those of you who read the rules and follow them...THANK YOU! It is an absolute joy to be able to help you guys find "the blade(s)." It has really been a lot of fun seeing all the different types of blades coming in. We've also had quite a few international trades so it's been pretty interesting to deal with those as well.

Please continue to post successes/failures as that is also the intent of this thread. I want to know if blade x is dull as a butter knife so I won't subject my face to the torture in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the words of many before me..."what's the status of this?"
\

Should be taken care of by the end of the week.

We have only had 2 guesses for the PIF and neither were winners (sorry guys) If no one guesses the correct number in the next 4 hours I will give the person with the guess closest to my number the prize.

Over 100 views since I posted this PIF and only two entries? Oh well. Zack P you are the winner. PM on the way.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for doing this, it is a fantastic service for the community. I would like to exchange 2 Perma-Sharps for 2 Voskhods and 2 Perma-Sharps for 2 Rapira Platinum Luxs. I have 6 other Perma-Sharps to donate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom