What's new

The Graveyard!

Finally done, on to the next one.
IMG_20240113_154511.jpg

Two excellent products. That I am not going to purchase again. For one obvious reason - there are so many excellent products out there, waiting to be tested. It took me slightly more than an year to finish the shaving soap cream, in rotation with other creams. As per the moisturizer - more than 18 months, I have been using it in all seasons and it works very well both in summer and in winter. Greetings, gents!

Attachments

• 20240114_105647.jpg
    20240114_105647.jpg
    690.4 KB · Views: 8
My Phoenix Shaving order of a replenish Cube 2.0 menthol, and their brass scooper. Ordered on 9 Jan, and still no shipment notice.

I was planning to post here in a few days or weeks that I had finally finished a puck of Em's Place Woodstock shave soap, as I was keeping the brush in the mug and just building a lather on tiny dots of soap that remained.
BUT
Today, in a nonshaving-related bit of clumsiness, I knocked my Burt's Bees shaving mug, the only mug I've ever used, onto the sink, where it shattered into dozens of pieces. It was a champ and served me for over 20 years. Loved the handle, loved the size, loved the rim. It was in so many of my photos but was never the star. Here it is from one. RIP, old friend.
IMG_9775.jpg

Stirling unscented menthol post shave balm - I have another bottle ready to go, plus a little bit of unscented glacial left too. I mostly use unscented aftershaves, but I'm not sure if I prefer this, the glacial, or just the Nivea you can get at the grocery store. So my next aftershave purchase will either be one of those, or I might just go all crazy and get a matching aftershave with my next soap purchase.

IMG_4314.jpeg

With all due respect to the brand, image and reputation of T & H, but this balm will not be missed. The smell has nothing to do with the Trafalgar aromatic profile as described. I could only discern ashy notes. The balm itself is quite mediocre as well, compared to Proraso Yellow, for example. I am really glad that this is over. Greetings, gents!
TEMP1_20240208.jpg

Top Bottom