What's new

The Graveyard!

I've had three TOBS creams now (Jermyn Street, Sandalwood Lemon & Lime) and they have all performed great. I haven't tried the Avocado but have heard some good things about it.

My bottle of Captain's Choice Bay Rum has been sunk. This is my first bottle of any sort of bay rum scent...and I enjoyed every moment of it. I have purchased a bottle of Flying Bird Botanicals Bay Rum to further expand on this scent family.

Today I finished off a puck of Calani Classic Havana - in stick form, of course. Over the last 23 shaves I used 36.9-g of soap, averaging 1.6-g per shave. I use as little as half a gram per shave with other soaps. But with Calani I found that the lather was not quite there unless I used more. Figuring from 65-g there were about 40 shaves in the puck.

Calani worked well for me, but no better than other top-tier soaps. Some of those look much cheaper per shave, and while I enjoyed the scent of Calani it occasionally gave me some tingling. So I will not replace this one any time soon.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
400 ml bottle of Booster Polar Ice aftershave.

Not bad scent, not bad performance, not much "polar" in my bottle ...

Tabac Cream,
You were a great cream, slick and cushioning...however as my loved one does not love you, I must go into the wild and ensure your replacement with an equally good cream with a different smell. Out to hunt...goodbye Tabac

Dear Mr Smiling Arko Man,
You had a good innings. Bought two years ago and I fell for you in a manly way immediately. There were other soaps, sure, but you taught me how to properly face lather. You introduced me to my first BandB club. You were there through two GEMinis and two SEptembers. Your unused brother was packed off for duty in the Cobra tour and fortunately escaped before that box was lost with all hands.
You were dyed red from your wrapper, lived for a while cramped inside a La Toja tube and finally found your last home smushed at the bottom of a bowl. You took that opportunity to seem to double in size, but finally succumbed to a bowl lather of epic proportions. Enough to lather several oversized noggins.
So long old friend, we will meet again when I finally open my Christmas gift to myself and see a dozen of your siblings, laying in wait.

A 3.0 oz Hugo Boss in motion cologne bit the dust today. Was part of my rotation for 6 years during colder weather. A bit too sweet for me liking so it won't be replaced.

A bottle of Boots Freshwood Aftershave was finished off this morning. I wasn't initially too keen on it but over time found it worked quite well for me. I'll probably replace it at some point, though I have a few other splashes to work through first.

I've been working on finishing some stuff for a few weeks. So the last two weeks I finished some Maggards eucalyptus preshave, Crabtree & evelyn nomad cream, AOS sandalwood shavecream and post shave. I also have finally finished all of my razor samplers.

Proraso asb. It was the original recipe stuff before they changed it. Got a sample of the new formula coming before I commit to a full bottle

Top Bottom