What's new

The GEM grip

I get good shaves from Gems with my normal DE grip. I'll have to give this grip a try and see if they get any better.

Weird how different things work for different people. I went back to trying the normal DE grip this morning as an experiment. I really wanted to see if the shave was different or maybe I just was better than I used to be since I use straights now too and learned a better blade handling technique.

The shave wasn't nearly as good as it was when I held the razor up near the head with two fingers.

What I do for the under the nose is what I do when I shave with a straight. You kind of scoop with the razor in a downward stroke towards your lips. You can find it in any forum on Straight razors, such as the Wiki on straightrazorplace.com. I never do ATG on my upperlip, only WTG and XTG.

Thanks, that works. I've been using the G-Bar, and just tried the Junior for the first time. Getting improving results each time. Maneuvering under the nose turns out to be surprisingly easy. Coming around the chin is a different matter, but it's coming along, and I managed a CCS this morning.

Top Bottom