$2013-01-23 21.46.42.jpg

then...
$2013-01-23 21.55.00.jpg
I got distracted
$2013-01-23 21.28.48.jpg
and started playing with my new toys,.... sorry
$2013-01-23 21.33.19.jpg

Its a brush pen... pen tube brush "nib"

I love brush pens, and I use them when I work on my Japanese.
I have a Kaimei that I have cherished for years and luckily I bought it over seas so i got it for a 4th of the cost in the U.S. :)
[/URL]

Pic is a stock pic from Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as it springs back like a real brush it is all good. I have only had issues with the stiff felt or solid rubber ones.

Looks good to me James! My stuff came in from the Goulets. I just put the ink cart in the 2.4mm, and I am going to try to mess around a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
My traditional (old English) penmanship is horrible. Any recommendation on good resources/books for basic learning and practice?

Amazing Dave.... nice beans

I didn't get any jellies when my M-i-L ordered mine... either that, or my wife swiped em when she individually rewrapped everything.... yeah... that's probably it!

Dave, I see your order was a bit more than parallels. The lighting is kinda dark. What inks are those?

I didn't get any jellies when my M-i-L ordered mine... either that, or my wife swiped em when she individually rewrapped everything.... yeah... that's probably it!

Dave, I see your order was a bit more than parallels. The lighting is kinda dark. What inks are those?

Pelikan Brilliant red, Pelikan Brown and Pelikan Violet.

The Parallel is fun to use. I have to pay attention to my angle, and I have a tendency to make the letters rounder than they should be. I need practice for sure!

James, do you do anything with the nib width ladder thing? I have just been eyeballing things.

Pelikan Brilliant red, Pelikan Brown and Pelikan Violet.

The Parallel is fun to use. I have to pay attention to my angle, and I have a tendency to make the letters rounder than they should be. I need practice for sure!

James, do you do anything with the nib width ladder thing? I have just been eyeballing things.

Of course we need pics of your practice.

I make a half box when practicing. 6 nibwidths - I gently tap the paper with the tip of the pen creating a vertical line (with the 6mm pen it's 6 taps in succession), then a horizontal line. I use which ever pen I'm writing with so the scale is right. Does that make any sense at all?

Of course we need pics of your practice.

I make a half box when practicing. 6 nibwidths - I gently tap the paper with the tip of the pen creating a vertical line (with the 6mm pen it's 6 taps in succession), then a horizontal line. I use which ever pen I'm writing with so the scale is right. Does that make any sense at all?

I am sure it makes sense, I just do not understand it!

Here is today's practice
$practice.JPG

I am sure it makes sense, I just do not understand it!

Here is today's practice

Trust me... it probably just doens't make sense. I'll take a picture later.

Good work though! The E in HELP is missing the little jagged piece. instead of / it should look like <.

Man you guys have some good stuff going, I haven't practiced too much with my blasted cold getting in the way, and when I was feeling better I kept reading or watching Stephen Fry's Planet Word (which is amazing and features one of my bearded heros Brian Blessed) And of course in forgetting my book and lunch I only brought my B&B pen with a fine nib so I can't exactly work on my calligraphy as well as I could have with my 1.9 on my Lamy.

I eyeball really... at best I use lined paper... but thinking maybe I should start... either that or see how good my skills can get with the eyeballing and develop the skill without need of a guide I haven't decided

Top Bottom