What's new

The best part of Wet Shaving!

I think the shaving brush is the best part of wet shaving. I think my focus will shift to getting brushes. It’s the most satisfying part. I’ve had rad and soap disorder but now I think I have bad.
The longer you stay here the worse it get. I just ordered a Fatip Gentle, 500 Permasharp blades, Cella Red soap, Cella Red AS, Cella Green Soap, Cella Green AS, and some blade samplers. Oh, have I told you that I'm curious about the Acca Kappa brand? Don't tell anyone but I only have 1 brush, the voice in my head tells me to buy one of those cool silvertip brushes.

If you can't beat them, JOIN them :ouch1:

@euro Full disclosure....I only have 2 brushes, both Silvertip, one is decades old but still in remarkably good condition. The other I bought since joining this group of enablers. I'm thinking about a synthetic. Eyeing one over at the Mondial site, but I likely won't act on anything until after the New Year.

The best part to me is ALL of it :)

I do have a RV Muhle that is my go to brush so kinda in this current brush thing :)

but for me its not about RAD at all its actually about just my fav of fav items and just enjoy the ritual every day from getting up going into the bathroom and setting the stuff out to making the lather to taking it off and the splash hitting the face and the looking in the mirror feeling the face and just smiling :)
And then cleaning up and looking forward to the next day :)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I think the shaving brush is the best part of wet shaving. I think my focus will shift to getting brushes. It’s the most satisfying part. I’ve had rad and soap disorder but now I think I have bad.
Congratulations on moving forward and embracing a new disorder. I understand completely, brushes are fun! I like the me time, throwback feel of a straight razor shave and all the extras that come along with that.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I can't single it out to one particular element. So it has to be the whole kit and caboodle. The ritual is the best part for me. Making the decision of what hardware and software are to be used. Building a lather. Three passes. Cold rinse, pat dry and splash on some Lucky Tiger. Clean it all up and put it away. Finally, log onto B&B to find out what my fellow enthusiasts are up to.

I like all of it because after shaving with plastic razors for a lifetime, this new way is revelatory. But I must say I like the alum block and aftershave part especially.

Top Bottom