What's new

The best brush money can buy today?

Pick a Simpsons in Best. You preferred knot size is likely available in one form or another.
My Colonel is quite the shedder. It's my third Colonel, the other 2 were replaced by the vendor because of shedding. Trying to work with the vendor on getting a different brand, doubtful though. My other badger is an Edwin Jagger, which has never shed one hair. No more Simpsons for me.

I didn't realize Savile Rows were German so thanks for the info. I have wanted to try one of those and this gives me one more reason.

Savile Row brushes are made by Shavemac and sold exclusively through QED USA. So....a German product with USA distribution. They are fantastic brushes. Super soft tips, moderate backbone and excellent flow through. And they "hug" the face like no other brush I've used. They deserve the B&B award....

Savile Row brushes are made by Shavemac and sold exclusively through QED USA. So....a German product with USA distribution. They are fantastic brushes. Super soft tips, moderate backbone and excellent flow through. And they "hug" the face like no other brush I've used. They deserve the B&B award....

After the reminder I checked the award section. I see the Savile Row 3124 got the "Best brush under $150". I think if, and when, I buy one I'll go for a bigger knot than a 24mm.

After the reminder I checked the award section. I see the Savile Row 3124 got the "Best brush under $150". I think if, and when, I buy one I'll go for a bigger knot than a 24mm.

I love my 3124 it is a great all around brush. I also just purchased a DaVinci Uomo 290 it is an excellent bowl lather-er and on par with the SR in quality and performance. I have 6 brushes and have a pretty good dial for my preferred usage. For Face lathering I have a Thater 4292/3, for bowl the DaVinci 290 and for all around the SR 3124. I would highly recommend any of them and have a hard time choosing one over the other. I also have a Shavemac Silver tip 25mm, a Simpsons Colonel, and a Synthetic that I will work into rotation. I am pretty happy with the stable as presently constructed and don't see BAD striking again any time soon.

Go buy the Van der Hagen set with boar brush, soap, mug, and brush/razor holder...if you can find it like I did at wally world.
This gives you a baseline. A $25 baseline and is a good deal to boot-try to find all this online for $25, and good luck!
That brush is about 24mm knot, 55mm loft. And will also tell you if you like/hate boars...to some extent.
OK, most will tell you that brush is the $1 item. I like it. So much I bought the Semogue 2000 and the only other I'm considering is the Semogue 1800.
Back to the question at hand...and I'll take the drilling...it's the VDH boar (if you can get/find the set).
Backup answers: ANYTHING BADGER from whipped dog, the omega 48, or either synthetics from Maggards or Italian Barber.

Top Bottom