What's new

The best balm

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Good discussion of this

it's all I have wanted to use ever since i discovered it. blows everything else out of the water

I’m a big fan of post shave balm. I use Stirling Unscented Balm after every shave. I occasionally use Declaration Grooming Unscented Aftershave Liniment if I have more irritation than usual. YMMV, but these work well for me and my skin. Good luck finding what works well for you.
The Stirling balms are indeed nice. Typically I only use aloe gel, not lotion but pure gel.

Good discussion of this

it's all I have wanted to use ever since i discovered it. blows everything else out of the water
+ 1
I followed your recommendation dear friend and since then I rarely use another balm.

Thank you very much!
❤️🪒

Here's my recommendation, Elvado Woodland Reserve Aftershave Lotion. The company is based in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, It's formulated for all skin types and the scent is very light and short lived. A single pump is all you need and your skin immediately soaks it up. It doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or oily. It leaves my skin feeling very hydrated and plump. This feeling last for 12 hours or more. You can find at The Razor Co., Stone Field Shaving, Top of the Chain, directly from Elvado and a few other Canadian shops.

For those who are familiar with the post shave skin care from Grooming Dept or ETHOS, this will give you similar results. I'll also throw in a plug for their shaving soap as it's really nice too.
ElvadoASL.jpg

I've tried Nivea and other drug store brands long years past. I normally don't use anything but Rosken body lotion. However, I do use Barrister and Mann Balms from time to time. In fact, today I used the Lavender balm.

One that I didn't mention that people that use it rave about is La Toja. I've never tried it because I mostly don't use anything but lotion, but I've been tempted.

I mostly use Nivea sensitive, but I also enjoy:

Stirling Barbershop - Best value after Nivea
Captain' Choice - currently Land Ho!
Zingari Man Unscented - Rubs in easily
Duke Cannon in hot weather

AoS is nice but grotesquely overpriced.

Neuetrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream might be worth a try if you have dry skin.
For me it was a waste of money.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I usually opt for unscented CeraVe moisturizer and a spray of cologne or an eau de toilette. That said, the best balms I've used were those made for Penhaligon's, Floris, and a few varieties of Antica Barbieria Colla aftershave milk. But they're all really expensive. Proraso "blue" and "white" aftershave milks are very good and reasonably priced.

Top Bottom