What's new

The B&B's First Ever- LE Fountain Pen *****Update Post #1 And # 360

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm hoping tracking numbers only go to those in the US. If not I'll start to panic sometime soon as I have not received any shipping notification.

We're in the same boat. (Which hopefully we can both find reassuring, knowing that another Canuck didn't get shipping notification.)

The great white north does not get tracking numbers..... something aboot the polar bears not being able to process them :001_tt2:

strop

Now half as wise
#57 arrived safe and sound! This pen is so much more impressive in person. I can't wait to try the Gruene Cactus, but I think the first ink has to 5 O'Clock Shadow.

Another thanks to the Goulet's and IndyPenDance.

Mark

# 23 as arrived. Everything a fine fountain pen should be!

Converter filed with iroshizuku fuyu-syogun with a medium nib, it writes neither relatively wet nor relatively dry. I do know know whether eye droppering it would change that attribute. Change in ink would surely change it a bit. I like it fine just as it is, and I am sure I would like it as changed if at all by the above.

Beautiful workmanship. Color is, again, perfect to my eye. Green is a great FP color. Speaks to money, and desk blotters, and eye shades, and billiard tables in expensive clubs!

#22 arrived today. What a way to put a positive end on a more than average hectic Monday. No 5 O'clock Shadow around here so I may load up the Polar Blue and see what we get.

Funny story......my wife was walking our dogs today and she saw our postman parked at this curve (it's kind of secluded) and he was taking a nap. This is the same guy who left an expensive package sitting on the open flap of my mailbox. The sad part is, there is no listed number for the local post office. Looks like I'm gonna have to file a complaint in person. Then again, if I do, I may never see any of my mail again. Oh well.

Again, I can't thank enough to all those who made this group buy happen. And thanks to Goulet and IndyPen for the freebies.

I just got a tracking # for Lou's package... It's awaiting loading on the Russian Capsule headed for the space station

Tracking my pen has shown "out for delivery" all day. I knew something was up when my mail was not here at it's usual time. So my mail was finally delivered, BUT no pen. It still says out for delivery. :cursing:USPS:cursing:

Tracking my pen has shown "out for delivery" all day. I knew something was up when my mail was not here at it's usual time. So my mail was finally delivered, BUT no pen. It still says out for delivery. :cursing:USPS:cursing:

My guess is the postman hasn't tried it out enough

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm hoping tracking numbers only go to those in the US. If not I'll start to panic sometime soon as I have not received any shipping notification.

We're in the same boat. (Which hopefully we can both find reassuring, knowing that another Canuck didn't get shipping notification.)

The great white north does not get tracking numbers..... something aboot the polar bears not being able to process them :001_tt2:

:wink2: Thanks, but ...

... if it were me, and I were in a :sneaky2: mood, I'd have sent us both PMs with our "tracking numbers" and the phone number for USPS head office ... "Just phone up and ask for the status of Parcel #443905874-C" ...

Mine arrived today. #18 and I loaded this up with 5OCS. WOW! Brian you really know how to make a pen. I got mine with a fine nib, and this is so smooth! The ink flows really well, and lays down a nice line. Thanks to the Edison family, and thanks to the B&B family for doing this group buy.

#49 was in my mailbox when I came home from work today, and man isn't she a beauty! I can't wait to load up my 5OCS into it. My main question is since I am still a FP newb, what is the silicon grease for?

I just got a tracking # for Lou's package... It's awaiting loading on the Russian Capsule headed for the space station

Hoo Boy, that's gude to no, Badenov! Only a short trip from there to Chryse Planitia

My guess is the postman hasn't tried it out enough

I agree with Brian. I think there is a better chance of mine being in my mailbox at home than of your pen being in your mailbox tomorrow.

Stupid USPS always has delivered before 3:00, but today they didn't deliver to after 4:30 when I had gone to pick up my wife. It was all good as #42 was waiting for me at home. Here are the pictures of the event!

Attachments

• $Goodies.jpg
    $Goodies.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 95
  • $Pen with goodies.jpg
    $Pen with goodies.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 95
  • $Certificate.jpg
    $Certificate.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the second part!!! I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this buy possible!! I love my pen!!!

Tom

Attachments

• $Glenmont.jpg
    $Glenmont.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 93
  • $Journal entry.jpg
    $Journal entry.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 90
  • $Imprint.jpg
    $Imprint.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited: