What's new

The Avon Bottle and Aftershave PIF

So reading all of these threads and posts about the cool Avon Bottles and Aftershaves, I thought I would check my local junk stores and see what they had. Over the course of a couple of weekends I purchased five of them. I was happy until I realized that I need to collect Avon Bottles like I need a hole in my head. I mean...the wife is already complaining about the other stuff I am buying (I politely remind her that I could have other hobbies that cost much more...like drugs and prostitutes). But this stuff...while it is pretty cool, it takes up real estate. So I have decided in the spirit of Badger & Blade that I would like to give these to someone who really wants to collect or use the aftershave.

So up fro grabs are the following Avon Bottles and Aftershaves:

1. Avon Auto Lantern/Deep Woods AS and Talc in box - Bottle and talc are full and I am sure it has only been opened to take a whiff;

2. Avon REO Depot Wagon/Tai Winds AS - Same as above...in box and pretty sure only opened to smell;

3. Avon The Red Sentinel - Fire Engine/Wild Country AS and Talc - Yup...in box and only smelled...except maybe the talc...someone may have used a tiny bit of the talc...I say this because there is powder around the opening...in there are decals to apply to the fire engine;

4. Avon Minuteman/Wild Country AS - No box with this one and I am unsure if this is used or not. It is full of something...it does not smell like what is in the Red Sentinel though...I am not versed in the way of Avon so whomever receives this great prize will have to let us know which is which...will the real Wild Country please stand up;

5. Avon Bulldog in Deerstalker Hat Pipe/Wild Country AS - No box with this one either...this one smells more like the Minuteman but still smells a little bit like the fire engine...again you will have to let us know.

Okay, so the rules:

Anyone can enter...yes even those who have so many *** that they have build walk in size shave dens for it...wait, that's not a bad idea...or if you don't have any.

If you win, you have to take them all. I am not going to the Post Office, UPS, or FedEx more than once...mailing AS is a pain in the butt. If you don't want one or more of them then give it away...don't try to make a sawbuck on it.

If you win...you MUST come back to this thread and at least tell us what you think of the bottles and scents. Pictures will earn you the good graces of the shaving gods and videos will gain you entrance into shave heaven.

Sorry...but since it's AS this has to be CONUS only.

To enter...tell me about your favorite Avon AS, or your favorite Avon bottle, or if you don't know, what your favorite bottle is that I am giving away, or if you still don't know...JUST TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT AFTERSHAVE WILL YA!

I'm not sure if this will gain much interest so I will let it go until Sunday April 17th. If I don't have at least 10 people by then that want in, then I will wait until there is at least 10 people.

When I pick a winner (at random), I will post here in the thread and send a PM to the winner, at which time the winner has 24 hours to reply. If that person does not...then I will again randomly select another winner and so on and so forth.

Once a winner is decided...I will send a box out with the above said items at my earliest convenience. I may not send it by USPS, because they are a pain in my rear when I try to send anything that is like an AS or cologne. Even though I declare what it is, tell them not to put it on a plane, and make sure it is properly packaged. They look at me like I am a terrorist who is trying to blow up a plane. I even had a lady yell at me from across the post office as I was walking out. Anyway...so let me know what you think...

$Avon Collection.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Very kind of you ... (Not in).

Avon Wild Country is awesome, but LOTH will finally say something if that gold-painted George Washington head I want appears in our bathroom.

My love of America and respect for its founding fathers will not excuse an Avon head staring at her on the can, I fear.

They sure are cool, though.

AA

I suppose I'll jump in! I haven't tried any of the Avon aftershaves, so I can't pick a favorite scent... But I always like the vintage car bottles... Hadn't seen the lantern before though... I like that one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell ya I am in! I have never tried any Avon aftershaves I cannot comment on the scents. I love the looks of the bottles. Thanks! Looking at the my favorite is the fire truck. There is just something about old stuff like this. I just got a shelf on my bathroom to start displaying my small shaving collection and these would go prefect up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in!

I've never tried an Avon aftershave. I've been using Clubman and Nivea mostly. I've started to acquire a taste for Bay rum scents. I'm new to wet shaving, so getting to try new AS sounds exciting.

Definitely in (I don't have any of these decanters in my den). My personal favorite scent/decanter is the Calabash pipe Deep woods. Thank you for this PIF, this is a trip down memory lane for me as I had most of these things growing up when I first started shaving.
$wm_normal_deep_woods.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely in (I don't have any of these decanters in my den). My personal favorite scent/decanter is the Calabash pipe Deep woods. Thank you for this PIF, this is a trip down memory lane for me as I had most of these things growing up when I first started shaving.
View attachment 651969

That Pipe is awesome! I wish I had the room to collect a lot of these I just don't. Not to say if there isn't one that strikes my fancy I won't keep a couple. I am looking at the DE Razor, Brush, and Barber Pole Bottles. There might be a couple of others also. With the turn out I am getting you are likely to win this thing.

I'm in, I've just started DE shaving and haven't tried many aftershaves yet, am looking to make my little den better.

Im in. I love that lantern bottle. I think that would look so cool in the bathroom. And who doesnt like firetrucks. Wow i didnt realize avon had such awesome bottles. I gonna have to be on the lookout for some of those. I do remember the avon lady coming to the house as a kid and she would always have some kind of fun thing for the bathtub.

Im in. I love that lantern bottle. I think that would look so cool in the bathroom. And who doesnt like firetrucks. Wow i didnt realize avon had such awesome bottles. I gonna have to be on the lookout for some of those. I do remember the avon lady coming to the house as a kid and she would always have some kind of fun thing for the bathtub.
@Thundert65...did I say CONUS on this? I meant CONUS except Alabama...just kidding, but really...one day I am going to do a PIF and all you will have to do is say "I'm in." Except for those who live in AL. They will have to say something like they Love LSU...or something. But for now...I am glad you are in! :lol::thumbup::w00t:

Oh, i see, excuse me for a moment, (clearing throat, do re mi fa so la ti da) wait for it, here it comes

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks for having me.

Top Bottom