What's new

The Anything Thread

I care. I do.

This is really weird. There is no one here but me. The phone has been ringing since before I got here. I just now realized it isn't an outside line - it's an intercom line ringing. It keeps changing from phone to phone also. The other day one of the service writers thought she heard people walking/talking upstairs. I keep waiting for the phone at my desk to start ringing next. Odd.

I care. I do.

This is really weird. There is no one here but me. The phone has been ringing since before I got here. I just now realized it isn't an outside line - it's an intercom line ringing. It keeps changing from phone to phone also. The other day one of the service writers thought she heard people walking/talking upstairs. I keep waiting for the phone at my desk to start ringing next. Odd.

I have worked in buildings like that.. very Intresting:tongue_sm

would there be any interest old Old Spice glass bottles?
I've been talking the owner of a local antique store who has been preparing for three estate sales, and since I frequent the shop, any razor pron paraphernalia she finds, she sets to the side for me - more on that in a few days - any way we were talking and I happened to mention that some folks even look for aftershave bottles, especially the glass ones, and she got this really befuddled look on her face, said she's been throwing those away, has done that to at least 10, but she thinks there may be some more around.
so, there may be some glass OS bottles available, if anyone is interested

would there be any interest old Old Spice glass bottles?
I've been talking the owner of a local antique store who has been preparing for three estate sales, and since I frequent the shop, any razor pron paraphernalia she finds, she sets to the side for me - more on that in a few days - any way we were talking and I happened to mention that some folks even look for aftershave bottles, especially the glass ones, and she got this really befuddled look on her face, said she's been throwing those away, has done that to at least 10, but she thinks there may be some more around.
so, there may be some glass OS bottles available, if anyone is interested

ummmmmmm YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Good afternoon all. Man some of you guys are getting up way to early according to the time stamps on your posts. Not much of an early riser myself. Been pretty busy the past couple days takin' care of bidness at home so thanks to all for keeping the anything thread alive. She ain't much, but she's got a special place in my heart. :wink:

If the price is right I may take a glass bottle just for nostalgia sake. To be honest it doesn't bother me a bit that some AS's come in plastic. It makes sense to me actually. Easier to produce and ship I would think, and certainly safer if dropped.

I'm being told now to prepare for possible depolyment somewhere in TX for Ike. Guess we'll know more as the weekend progresses what damage he will do. Anyone in it's path, good luck to you.

The other day I posted this as a little help guide to new guys. It is now included w/in the new guy tutorial in the Newbie forum. If you guys have any suggestions for an effective and cheap (under $20) cream or soap go post it there w/ pics and info. Future newbies will appreciate it. Thanks.

We have had an uncharacteristically "cool" summer in metro phx this year. By now we've generally had weeks in the 115 to 120 range. It's only gotten that hot a couple times this year. Usually it's down around 100 to 105 most days, and we've had many days it doesn't even reach 100. Once you live in the Valley awhile that's a veritable cool streak. Not complaining mind you; it's just odd.

I'll be in Pheonix (yes, I know how The Oxford English Dictionary says phoenix should be spelled, but I doth protest) this weekend. Hope it isn't too hot. Too hot being anything over 102.

We have had an uncharacteristically "cool" summer in metro phx this year. By now we've generally had weeks in the 115 to 120 range. It's only gotten that hot a couple times this year. Usually it's down around 100 to 105 most days, and we've had many days it doesn't even reach 100. Once you live in the Valley awhile that's a veritable cool streak. Not complaining mind you; it's just odd.

isn't there a VW Bug somewhere in your area with skeleton in it whe the words "but it's a DRY heat" painted on the side?
I remember seeing a picture of it at my in-laws house when they went to visit some family out there, can't remember if it's painted on the car or a caption on the picture

The other day I posted this as a little help guide to new guys. It is now included w/in the new guy tutorial in the Newbie forum. If you guys have any suggestions for an effective and cheap (under $20) cream or soap go post it there w/ pics and info. Future newbies will appreciate it. Thanks.

Just saw that post. Awesome job, Shep. When I get home from work, I'll be sure to toss a couple things in there.

I'll be in Pheonix (yes, I know how The Oxford English Dictionary says phoenix should be spelled, but I doth protest) this weekend. Hope it isn't too hot. Too hot being anything over 102.

I'm sorry. Are you defying the OED? There may be an altercation if you are.

Thanks Dom.

Holy *bleep*, just checked the satellite image of Ike. I think I might be going to Texas. That is one massive storm!

Thanks Dom.

Holy *bleep*, just checked the satellite image of Ike. I think I might be going to Texas. That is one massive storm!

*opens cockpit door*
"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."
*closes cockpit door*

actually, if it keeps current projections, I'll be getting hurricane force winds Saturday afternoon...near Texarkana

He knows what the book said.. he understands what the book said.. He does not CARE what the book said.... that will show them...

Top Bottom