What's new

The 3017 Martin de Candre Fest - It's Live!

strop

Now half as wise
I got 123 shaves out of my jar. It's very easy to load more than you need, especially as it gets toward the end.

Is it too late to start?? Haha! I just got back from my France holiday with two 200g jars of MdC right from the source. One original and one fougere... So far I am two shaves in with the fougere and loving it! I can see it taking a while to plow through but I am willing to give it all I've got!

I hold no position of authority here but I would jump in the lather is fine.:thumbup1: I have a few other soaps I want to use up before I break out my jar of original. I hope I can be a bit more frugal the second time around and have it last a bit longer.

Ruckin.

I hold no position of authority here but I would jump in the lather is fine.:thumbup1: I have a few other soaps I want to use up before I break out my jar of original. I hope I can be a bit more frugal the second time around and have it last a bit longer.

Ruckin.

Well count me in then! I believe I can complete the challenge without cheating. I once ate two poached eggs on toast for breakfast every single morning for six months without fail... :blush:

How long do you think you have left, Matt?

I honestly have no idea. I don't think I'm even 1/2 way through yet. I'm not a heavy loader and I only shave every other day... With this soap that seems like a losing (or winning?) combination. :) . I'm not complaining though, I'm enjoying my shaves immensely.

Cheers,

M.

Three shaves down... Skin feels great! Fougére smells better and better every time. Wishing I had a body bar version of this shave soap...

I honestly have no idea. I don't think I'm even 1/2 way through yet. I'm not a heavy loader and I only shave every other day... With this soap that seems like a losing (or winning?) combination. :) . I'm not complaining though, I'm enjoying my shaves immensely.

Cheers,

M.

I've learned my lesson killing soaps. No more load it like I hate it. Good thing I have a new jar of Fougerè in the closet.

Three shaves down... Skin feels great! Fougére smells better and better every time. Wishing I had a body bar version of this shave soap...

In the winter, I found the postshave kind of dry. How is it in summer?

7 shaves in and still loving it! No turning back... No skin moisture problems at all. If anything my face feels better than normal. Is it all in my head? Maybe... Don't care in the least though! This soap is leaps and bounds ahead of almost everything else for me right now...

There is nothing like getting a soap dialed in and getting fantastic lathers day in and day out. You're tempting me to break out my jar of Fougère next.

Bob, if you do, I can't wait to see what you think of a 15 second load using a damp brush. Only Boellis and Haslinger have even come close in my comparisons. Neither has quite met the excellence of a lightly loaded MdC, and Fougere is just intoxicating.

There is nothing like getting a soap dialed in and getting fantastic lathers day in and day out. You're tempting me to break out my jar of Fougère next.

Another week another three shaves without incident. Still no bottom to the jar visible.

Glad to see you enjoying yourself bobbybirds!

Cheers,

M.

LOL. I know it's there too cause I can remove the jar from the counter and turn it upside down! LOL. I guess my 36 swirls when I shave my head and face and my 20 swirls for just my face shaves really don't add up to much product used on a weekly basis, especially since I'm only shaving every other day. I average 84 swirls with my brush each week. No idea what that equals in weight but obviously not much!

Cheers

M.

I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I was able to see a slight dish in the top of the soap, and when I could see the bottom of the jar. Then unfortunately the consumption seemed to pick up speed and it seemed like no time it was all gone and I was sad that I went through the jar faster than I should have. My guilt caused me to pick up an original and another jar of fourgre. I have 48 other soaps at the moment so I am not sure when I will get to it but I am going to try to slow down and enjoy it a bit longer than I did the first time.

Ruckin.

Top Bottom