What's new

The 3017 Martin de Candre Fest - It's Live!

Another great shave yesterday afternoon. Two pass just face. I can see glass above the soap on the inside of the container clearly now! I think that means I'm actually eventually maybe going to possibly finish this soap!

Cheers,

M.

Forgot to update a couple days ago with that shave. Three pass face and full head fantastic per usual. Did a two pass face with a straight tonight. Awesome and smooth.

Cheers,

M.

Missed a couple days shaving due to some poor scheduling on my part. Had a fantastic shave today... Twice actually. First shave was just a quick one pass mostly wtg (some xtg as my neck is like a whirlpool!) using KmF as I only had literally one minute to shave and I NEEDED to get the stubble off my face. It was a surprisingly dfs, actually BBS in some spots so I was both impressed and curious. I haven't used the KmF in ages as I found it didn't protect well when I was using my straights or my Gillette Rocket. Today with the ikon slant it was fantastic... I definitely feel the need to revisit the KmF when I'm done with the MDC. Shaved the face atg and the whole head tonight and now BBS everywhere. This was using the MDC. It was a nicer shave than the KmF but surprisingly not by as much as I thought it would be. I'm not sure if the kmf just works better with the slant than I remember or my technique has gotten that much better...

Cheers,

M.

I wouldn't get to it until the fall at the earliest. Once I finish BP1924, I'm going to do a tin of Mike's Lime, then Cella. I'm trying to clear the soft soaps out of the den before I move on to killing the various creams I have. There will only be hard soaps left by 2017.

That's a combination of impressive and scary right there.

So the hard soaps starting in 2017 will take 1000 years? Either they are really hard or you have a lot to work through. ��

Fantastic three pass face and full head shave yesterday. Still waiting on seeing glass at the bottom. No idea how close or far, but there's definitely a dip out of the centre of the soap now!

Cheers

M.

I just placed an order a jar of Fougère. I enjoyed the first one that I had and would like to try again and see if I can stretch it a bit longer than I did the first one. The thing that tipped me over the edge was an email from MdC and the fact that it was on sale.

I am currently working my way through a shaving yeti soap (first time using a glycerin soap) and was not happy with it until the last couple of shaves. I got out the rooney stubby and made sure to get enough soap and now the lather is nice and doesn't fade away.

Ruckin.

Decent two pass shave last night. Used a new blade - bolzano or something. The member I bought the slant off of included them for free and my Astra SS was done. Not impressed by how the new blade felt, even after palm stropping. It seems to be a very polarizing blade from the reviews on here and I'm pretty sure I'm in the "no" group. Going to give it one more try and we'll see.

Cheers,

M.

I remember a thread which lists hundreds of soaps and cremes and cropes and their usage. We are having a discussion over on the creme board, and was wonderfing if anyone could give me the link for the useage and hopefully a creme useage also. thank you in advance

I remember a thread which lists hundreds of soaps and cremes and cropes and their usage. We are having a discussion over on the creme board, and was wonderfing if anyone could give me the link for the useage and hopefully a creme useage also. thank you in advance
The 3017 thread? It's stickied in the soap forum.

Another day, another great shave with MdC. Three pass face and full head shave tonight. Worked well. The bolzano blade wasn't bad, but not great. Definitely harsher than my beloved Astra SS. I think I'll be changing back to those for next shave and pif the rest of these bolzano blades to someone else.

Cheers,

M.

So I switched out the bolzano of for my preferred Astra SS. After the first pass ad the bolzano was just horrible. only five passes total on the bolzano and it feels like I've been shaving on it for 6 weeks. The rest of the blades woll be piffed.

Anyway, once I changed the blade the shave finished fantastic. Two more passes on my face and head.

Cheers,

M.

I know I haven't updated for a week or so but not much has changed. Shaves every other day with one being two pass face only and the other three pass plus head. Still smooth, still fantastic. Still can't see the bottom. LOL.

I will assume that I'm the last one left? Anyone else still trying to get through this soap since February 1st?

Cheers,

M.

I finished my jar after 112 shaves. I think I over loaded and will see if I can make my other jar last a bit longer.

Ruckin.

Top Bottom