What's new

Thayers Rose

Does the scent from Thayers Rose Petal last any lenghth of time when you apply it or does it fade quickly like most other aftershaves?

Steveo,

It has been my unfortunate experience that it lasts a very long time. I have also found that it overpowers my after shaves, at least for me it does. I usually use Nieva ASB or some Gillette Cool Wave AS gel, and the Rose scent still comes through.:frown:

I bought the Rose Witch Hazel after reading so many good things about in the forums. When it arrived I was very excited about trying it, but man the scent…ugh. The worst part was when I actually tried it, and the wife told me I smelled like her grandmothers bathroom. Which I guess is not bad, but I shave at night, and having myself smell like my wife’s grandmothers bathroom does nothing to entice her into….well…you know! :blush:

But having the scent linger may be a good thing if you really like the scent of Rose’s, but it’s not for me. Now I’m stuck with a bottle that I can’t get rid of, oh well.

I find it pretty overpowering and lingering as well. My wife dislikes rose scents, so that pretty much tells you that I don't use it anymore.

Dennis

Yes, it does stick around for a while. I, however, like it. So much so that I have a little bottle of it at work, so that I can spray some of it on as a refresher. If you don't like the scent that much, you could dilute it with some unscented witch hazel. Also, I found that I am noticing the smell less and less as my nose gets used to it. It then becomes difficult to judge whether one has put on too much. Best - MM

Yes, it does stick around for a while. I, however, like it. So much so that I have a little bottle of it at work, so that I can spray some of it on as a refresher. If you don't like the scent that much, you could dilute it with some unscented witch hazel. Also, I found that I am noticing the smell less and less as my nose gets used to it. It then becomes difficult to judge whether one has put on too much. Best - MM

I was wondering about this mixing. I have half a bottle of TN Dickensons's that i actually kind of like the smell of, weird I know. I was thinking about mixing the Thayer's Rose with it, but did not know if mixing the two hurt it or not. actually made a post asking this question, but did not get any response.

I was wondering about this mixing. I have half a bottle of TN Dickensons's that i actually kind of like the smell of, weird I know. I was thinking about mixing the Thayer's Rose with it, but did not know if mixing the two hurt it or not. actually made a post asking this question, but did not get any response.

I really doubt mixing potions in this category will "hurt" anything. Most of the ingredients are shared, and they are pretty inert as well. Just mix small amounts and see if anything comes out of solution. That would be my only concern. I don't think there would be any unwanted chemical reactions. Best - MM

I find it lingers, but I like it. Especially when in combinationw with QED wild rose soap, Thayers rose and followed with Coral Skin Food. One of my favourite shaves.

I was hoping I'd like the lavender as much as the rose but I don't. I really like Lavender EO based scents and the Thayers comes off as way floral to me, it's not lavender in the way I've come to know lavender.

As for mixing... go for it. I think I might try it with the Dicksons and Thayers lavender.

I've not used the rose, but found the lavender to be very fleeting.

They also have an unscented aftershave (with alcohol and aloe) that is fantastic (if you like alcohol-based splashes) and this would be perfect to cut the rose with.

Top Bottom