What's new

Thanks Guys and Gals

Thanks to all for the goodwishes...... It not hard to have a good outlook when in the company of such fine people....

B&B the finest kind.....

I am more impressed than ever that you found the time and mind to PIF me those blades. Seriously. I haven't been a Gemocrat for very long, but I know where my vote's going in the next election. Stay strong. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Well Gent's .... Round 2 under the belt.... and as always you guys (and Ladies) have provided the diversion in the best way.

Good news is I can stop the blood thinners after today, and I can go back to wetshaving Saturday.:w00t::w00t::w00t: Eagle here I come....

The bad news is ( I guess it's not so bad) the projected 6 treatments are just what they will be, 6 of the little nasties.

So 1/3 of the way thru.... and still trudging forward... Thanks again for all the great thoughts

That's great news, Brian! Glad the treatments are going well. You'll kick this thing in the butt even living in Joisey! I'm sure this Saturday's shave will be one your most enjoyable. :thumbup1:

And I'm still looking for a pen that you might not have tried yet, although I'm not sure there's one out there! :001_rolle

:w00t:Well Guys (and ladies) round 3 under the belt and again B&B has been the oasis of distraction.... Thanks again for all the posts to read, outright laugh, and provoke thought.

The good news is the red blood cell production has slowed somewhat and if the testing next week shows the same improvement the "treatments" will stop for awhile after # 4....... The best news is the SWMBO will have to let me try the new brushes when they stop....:w00t::w00t:

Thanks to all for your thoughts and wishes and prayers

So Brian, I have to know, did you give the Eagle a try? I love mine.( To think; I got an awesome brush while helping an even more awesome cause). As a practicing physician, I have seen it often enough to confirm that a smile and a positive mental attitude really do help with difficult medical conditions. That being the case, I feel that your insurance company should have picked up the cost of the Eagle for you! Good luck and I will continue keeping you in my prayers.

Mike

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Brian, sounds good for you .. Mr Cancer is a sneaky CS, and the treatments aren't a walk in the park,

Some while back I spent a summer getting aggressive chemo 4 days, radiation x 5.

Holler if you need a survivor's view, seem's you are one already

Mdevine....thanks for the thoughts.... You are quite right about the power of positive thinking.

Yes I have used the Eagle (after getting it back .but thats another story). The Eagle kicked *ss and took names on all my other brushes. It ignited a SBAD for simpsons to see if any others can come close.

The SWMBO(Nurse Practioner) also figuring the positive agreed I "needed" a couple of brushes and gave the OK with one caveat. I could not use any of them until after the series are over....THE CARROT. Well I bought 4 brushes (thats a couple right), and the first arrived today. It is proudly displayed on the bedroom dresser awaiting its date with destiny... I CANT WAIT, but in the meantime the Eagle continues to terrorize any soap in it's path.

Thants again for the thoughts and prayers

Mdevine....thanks for the thoughts.... You are quite right about the power of positive thinking.

Yes I have used the Eagle (after getting it back .but thats another story). The Eagle kicked *ss and took names on all my other brushes. It ignited a SBAD for simpsons to see if any others can come close.

The SWMBO(Nurse Practioner) also figuring the positive agreed I "needed" a couple of brushes and gave the OK with one caveat. I could not use any of them until after the series are over....THE CARROT. Well I bought 4 brushes (thats a couple right), and the first arrived today. It is proudly displayed on the bedroom dresser awaiting its date with destiny... I CANT WAIT, but in the meantime the Eagle continues to terrorize any soap in it's path.

Thants again for the thoughts and prayers

I come back to this thread and now I see the reason for the Tulip :lol:

Well, not a bad reason if I do say so myself...but you did fall for the ol carrot and stick approach :001_smile

Hang in there, yankee.

What did your nurse say when you told her about your upgrade from "damn yankee"?
Had a helluva good laugh and said in her Texas Drawl "Guess you have moved to the top of the heap... for a Yankee"... didn't feel the needle at all today.... thanks for the upgrade Harry.....

Brian, sounds good for you .. Mr Cancer is a sneaky CS, and the treatments aren't a walk in the park,

Some while back I spent a summer getting aggressive chemo 4 days, radiation x 5.

Holler if you need a survivor's view, seem's you are one already

Became a survivor in 1988 with Colon Cancer. Lost 1.5 feet of colon, Chemo and Rad that time...know the drill well. Positive attitude is the trump card... Thanks for the shout out.

My wife is a Hospice RN(retired) and from your statement above...you have one of the biggest hurdles already in your corner... the "PMA" = Positive Mental Attitude:thumbup1:
The B&B is awesome... you can rely on the "gang" for support, an occasional vent, and of course the best of all... the laughter from one of the "fellas" one liners.:w00t:
Getting to shave again had to be refreshing...:thumbup1:Continued thought's and prayers to you and the family.

Excellent Badenov. Perhaps we will go Moose and Skwirl hunting with Mr. Big and Feahless Leeder. Can you say Potsylvanian Squirrel Hair brushes? :lol:

Well all....no. 4 is history..... AND...the best news of all ...(insert happy dance here) my blood counts have returned to normal and treatments are stopped for the near future..:w00t::w00t:. I will be checked weekly for 4 weeks.. but no more infusions for awhile. Again B&B supplied the respite desperately needed...at a crucial time.

Having to be at the oncologist at a ungodly 4:30 AM left me without my morning shave.... fortunately with the good news the new "56" gets it maiden voyage in about 2 hours (again insert the Happy dance here)... and it will be onto "tulip thursday" and "Milkchurn Monday"

It's all good....and thanks again B&B

And Saint Sue.... hang in there... please include me in your celebration when you Join the Cancer Survivors List :thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom