What's new

Talent Soap Factory Toudi Froudi Shave Soap

I have a few other TSF soaps, so when I saw this one I decided to take a chance on it. All my other TSF's have fabulous performance so I knew I was only taking a chance on scents, and how can jelly beans be wrong?

From his Etsy store scent description:

scent profile: tuiti fruiti jelly beans (strawberry, raspberry, apple, & sugared lemon) with hints of oud wood (cedar, ambrette, rosemary, jasmine, orchid, apple, olibanum, musk & patchouli)

Yeah, I get jelly beans. Lots of jelly beans. And its great. A++ on scent.

Ingredient list:

stearic acid, water, kokum butter, shea butter, glycerin, coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil & fragrance

Performance: It lathers easily, seems to hold water well, and has plenty of slip. I'm still not sure about post-shave ( since that's usually not something I spend a lot of time thinking about ), but it certainly isn't drying or irritating in any way.

I hit the new tub with my Omega 49, and within 10 swirls, structural lather started to develop. I usually do ten swirls and paint that initial load on my face as a pre-treatment while I return to the puck and load more for bowl lathering. The ten-swirl load was the thickest I've had at that point in a long time. I think I could have shaved with a cart razor with that load.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. It is currently my favorite of my small TSF collection ( Dusky Muave and Kosmonaut Kola are the others ).

Top Bottom