What's new

Tabac OR Cella

Tabac OR Cella

• Tabac

• Cella

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Tabac, but my vote goes to Cella. IMO, creamier lather, better post-shave feel. And easier to rhyme: bella, fella, bank tella, Cinderella....

Tabac. I love the scent and performance. One of the only soaps that seem to always be out on the counter for me.

I had a tub of Cella, it had good performance and the scent was fine but had to be in the mood. Unfortunately, the Cella went bad because I didn't use it fast enough. I wouldn't replace Cella, but definitely will replace Tabac.

Apples or oranges? I love both Cella and Tabac and both are in frequent use. It just depends on my preference.

IME, Tabac is the best performing shaving soap or creme I have ever found, at least for the shave. It is also almost amazingly tolerant of water and building lather; drag a damp, wet or dripping brush over a puck of Tabac for three or 2,200 circles and shave- the stuff just works. That said, it dries and tightens my skin and I find the scent really lasts for hours, which is too bad because it is also one of the worst smelling shaving soaps or cremes I have tried also. But I think everyone should try Tabac and even keep a puck or stick around to use as a cornerstone for all others.

I found Cella to be a fair croap at best and do not care for the scent, though I do not despise it as I do Tabac's scent.

Brian

Tabac performs very well, but not everyone likes the scent.
Cella performs well, but the scent is run-of-the-mill.

Tabac, if the scent agrees with you.

Tabac was my first good quality soap I used. Before then I used VDH soap from the grocery store and tried Williams Mug Soap. First time I used Tabac it was a revelation I loved it. For a long time Tabac was all I ever used. Still always make sure to have some Tabac around. Even bought the Tabac Cologne.

I have never tried Cella.

So I vote for Tabac.

Long live Tabac..... Why?...... Look at the number of vote..... Tabac has won because the wet shavers have been spoken for Tabac

Sorry Cella you'll never keep up with Tabac, come back in 20 years time.

Both are great performing soaps with unique, classic scents. But I prefer hard soaps as opposed soft. Therefore for me it's Tabac.

I like Tabac a lot. I like the scent, and wow, does it perform well. It's great stuff. Never tried Cella... yet.

So OP, let us know which one you prefer once you've tried both a few times.

This seems to be an older thread that's been revived (zombie thead). Still I'll cast a vote for Tabac over Cella for two reasons:

1. I've gotten really bored with the traditional Almond scent that's used in Cella.
2. My tub of Cella turned a dark brown color and seems to have gone bad (this soap is one that seems to go rancid rather easily).

Top Bottom