What's new

Tabac and slickness

Tabac likes and needs water and can hold a lot of water so don't be bashful about it, add water. It will get very slick with enough water.
+1 ... Tabac likes a lot of water, as do most tallow-based soaps. The Tabac shaving cream also likes to be well-hydrated, whether its used alone or in combo with the soap as a SuperLather.

Personally, I like my Tabac lather to be sloppy-wet, so I keep adding water throughout the face-lathering process, re-wetting the brush 2 or 3 times before I'm done and let it sit on my whiskers for a few minutes. I wind up with a lather that doesn't look pretty, but the performance is legendary.

I'll add once again that Tabac needs water. It's very difficult to go "too far" with the water, but it's easy to not go "far enough."

There's only 3 ways to not get a slick, cushiony, dare I say perfect? lather with Tabac.
1. Not enough water
2. Not enough water
3. Not enough product

It nearly lathers itself IMO, the LEAST finicky soap I've used.

As everyone else said, Tabac loves water. Also, try using a little less Tabac when loading your brush. A little Tabac goes a long way as opposed to most soaps.

I have to disagree with this statement; in fact, I would recommend to use more soap and less water. In my experience, Tabac lather can easily be too thin if you don't pay attention, and then you get no protection and no slickness. Noone ever got hurt by using more soap!

Before today's Tabac shave, I soaked the puck in water overnight. The puck must have taken on some water because it actually increased in weight AFTER shaving today.

There was a big difference in the amount of product that I loaded and it was much more dense. I had to add quite a bit more water but I had a LOT more lather to work with.

I'm not sure how long you need to soak the puck (5 minutes, 15 minutes, an hour, overnight) but give it a shot.

Before today's Tabac shave, I soaked the puck in water overnight. The puck must have taken on some water because it actually increased in weight AFTER shaving today.

There was a big difference in the amount of product that I loaded and it was much more dense. I had to add quite a bit more water but I had a LOT more lather to work with.

I'm not sure how long you need to soak the puck (5 minutes, 15 minutes, an hour, overnight) but give it a shot.

I just use my fingers to drip some water to wet the surface, and let that sit about 5 minutes. Works great for me.

Try more water, keep adding until it's slick, then add some more. I don't have any issues with Tabac. It performs quite a bit better than Cella IMO. Stirling can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as. Tabac. :blush:

Tabac?! One of slickest soaps on the planet!!

proxy.php

Top Bottom