What's new

SV Saturday

1707111868909.png

Sorry, this is a late posting of yesterday's fantastic SV Saturday shave. This beat up tin is full of SV Flying Mango, the 4.0 base.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240210_143108.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#41 of 366 remaining 325(100%)
One Blade in February Challenge
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna 74(10)
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
A/S: Clinique Happy for Men
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for SV Saturday I lathered up 70th Anniversary with the Evil Zebra for a change. It is a good, soft brush, but not one of my favourites. The 70th Anniversary provided the usual abundance of thick, slick lather for me and gave me a fantastic shave and although not ending in a BBS the result was better than the last shave with the EJ Aloe Vera so you can tell the extra slickness of SV works

SV Saturday 10th February

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Kai #10
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Used Opuntia for SV Saturday. Got a perfect bowl-lather, always a good start. The Kai blade is holding up OK, but the Game Changer isn't an ideal match, as that gets the blade exposure spot on with ordinary width blades. Keeping a light touch, I got a comfortable DFS+.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s steeply satisfying shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower
Lather: SV 70th sample, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

My first SV Saturday and it’s in Fruity February, too! A comfortable, close, and timely shave was had. #Sublime

Mike M

IMG_20240217_152815.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#48 of 366 remaining 318(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna 74(17)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: SV Opuntia
A/S: CK IN2U

Just for you @Leverspro I took today's photo earlier on and used my glasses to make sure it was in focus. I usually decide what gear I'm going to use long before I shave (often it is the same gear for my 3017 soap) and I take my photo. Last night I just wanted to use Explorer at the end of the day so I abandoned my 3017 shave in favour of something different last minute.
The Opuntia shave was fantastic though I had to finish quicker than usual so there was a tiny bit of roughness left on my neck. But honestly I enjoyed it so much I don't care. The P74 blade is still going strong.

SV Saturday 17th February

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Razor: Rockwell 6S R5, Ti Handle, Kai #17
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Back to Cubebe for SV Saturday. Got a perfect bowl lather, and plenty of it. The shave was a DFS, but this OBiF blade is starting to feel less comfortable. It might be time to try it in a different razor.

My people, since the only SV in my collection is the 70th, could you recommend another SV scent that predominates the fruity citrus scent (orange, lemon, tangerine)?

Apart from SV70, I've only tried Opuntia and Cubebe. I prefer Opuntia, but wouldn't call either of these citrusy.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Third One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s steeply satisfying shave
RazoRock BBS “Standard”
Loi Titanium (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scott 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: warm shower
Lather: SV Opuntia sample, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Haven’t used my Wee Scot in a while and haven’t used my RazoRock BBS in much longer and they gave me a fairly good shave. Didn’t take too long and was mostly comfortable enough. Lingering post-shave scent of SV Opuntia garnered compliments from Wifey.

could you recommend another SV scent that predominates the fruity citrus scent (orange, lemon, tangerine)?

Opuntia has bergamot with some support from pineapple

A bit late…but

IMG_9083.jpeg

Dolomiti is simply one of the best shaving soaps ever made. Complex, but subtle scent with amazing performance. Loading for 15 seconds yielded enough lather for face and head.
Went with the blackland vector for the head and the blackland sabre for the face.
10/10

Mike M

IMG_20240224_171852.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#55 of 366 remaining 311(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: Personna 74(24)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water

Tonight in a departure from my 3017 shaves I pulled out SV Desert Vetiver, I try to rotate through my SV soaps, but I'm not sure that I'm a success at that and if there is one SV soap I neglect it is this one. I decided to use the Lupo after last nights shave just to see how it would perform. I must admit over the last few months the Lupo has grown on me after my initial problems with it when I acquired it at the beginning of last year. The result was a great (almost) BBS shave with no irritation. Now I need to decide if I go back to the Rocca or continue with the Lupo.

SV Saturday 24th February

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Personna 74 #32
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Used Opuntia for SV Saturday, and got a perfect bowl-lather. Another reasonable social shave.

Top Bottom