What's new

Summer's almost here (Northern Hemisphere)! What are your Summer fragrances?

Yes, I know that the weather has been nice for a long time but technically, Summer starts on June 21st in the Northern Hemisphere.

So what are you all wearing for Summer? Right now my daily wear for work is Prada Ambre pour L'Homme.
I'll change that up to D&G Light Blue and Hermes Terre d'hermes for daytime. I work in an office so those are nice light choices.

For evening, it's more complicated. It depends on the activity and venue.

I missed getting my hands on a bottle of D&G Light Blue Italian Love. It's really nice.

I have tons for the summer!

Cheapies (under $20/100ml)
- Tommy Bahama - St. Bart’s
- Tommy Bahama - St. Kitts
- Tommy Bahama - So Cool
- Nautica Voyage

Not so cheapies
- Tom Ford (Oud Minerale and Costa Azzura)
- Hermes Terre D’Hermes
- YSL Y Eau Fraiche
- Dior Homme (Sport and Cologne)
- Essential Parfums Bois Imperial
- MFK (742 and Amyris Homme)
- Prada (L’Homme L’Eau and Amber)
- Guerlain Homme EDP
- Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint
- Piper and Perro (Berg, Ara and Zest)

I just got a decant of Beach Hut Man. I love it outside- nice warm weather scent especially if there is a breeze people around you are going to know you're there. It's pretty amazing. Indoors it's a loud and in your face barbershop.

The heat arrived late here in England this year, I've only just started considering my 'proper hot weather' fragrances in the last fortnight!

Planning to wear vintage Monsieur de Givenchy, Chanel No 19 and Cristalle EDT a lot, all three are fantastic in the high heat! Also plan on wearing Sisley Eau de Campagne, Eau de Guerlain, Byredo Bal d'Afrique, ADP Colonia Assoluta and Fico di Amalfi, Houbigant Duc de Vervins EDT and finally YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme Light for the cooler days.

Love both Prada Amber PH and the Intense flanker but they're not Summer scents for me, I tend to prefer something really citrusy and refreshing. :)

I am "old school", so here goes. 4711, Pinaud Lime Sec, Pinaud Citrus Musk and Florida Water. Designer scents include Aqua di Gio, Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue, CK One and Polo Blue.

I guess I have a fairly dull lineup, but I do love menthol. I’m rotating my supply of Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva ice blue and Aqua Velva musk on a daily basis. I’ll continue with this lineup until the cooler weather arrives in a few months.

Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin
Clubman Reserve Tequila Tease
Bootlegger's Arctic Lime
Avon Island Lime
Royall Lyme
St John's West Indian Lime
Captain's Choice Lime

...and currently on it's way to me at closeout price from ATT: Captain's Choice Eucalyptus.

edit:
:oops: I just realized this post is in Fragrance, not Aftershaves.
I'm just going to leave this here because I'm not much for cologne, so my aftershave is my fragrance.

For cooler summer days:
Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint
Mancera Aoud Blue Notes

Day to day warm weather:
Nautica Voyage
Trump Success
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts
Nikos Sculpture

The good stuff:
Mancera Wave Musk
Marc de la Morandiere M pour Monsieur
Loccitane Verveine
Nautica Island Voyage (not what you'd call top tier designer, but it's discontinued and expensive now)
Varvatos Artisan Pure
Guerlain Vetiver
Versace Eau Fraiche

Oddball:
Benetton Funtastic Wild Citrus - lemon floral; light and fleeting. I bought it unboxed and didn't find out until a year later that it's for kids.

For the one or two weeks it gets above 35, I break out the big guns to stay cool:
Kenneth Cole Vintage Black
Guerlain Imperiale (green label lots)
Creed Virgin Island Water

I have tons for the summer!

Cheapies (under $20/100ml)
- Tommy Bahama - St. Bart’s
- Tommy Bahama - St. Kitts
- Tommy Bahama - So Cool
- Nautica Voyage

Not so cheapies
- Tom Ford (Oud Minerale and Costa Azzura)
- Hermes Terre D’Hermes
- YSL Y Eau Fraiche
- Dior Homme (Sport and Cologne)
- Essential Parfums Bois Imperial
- MFK (742 and Amyris Homme)
- Prada (L’Homme L’Eau and Amber)
- Guerlain Homme EDP
- Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint
- Piper and Perro (Berg, Ara and Zest)
Quite a few here match my list. I love ouds, but obviously for summer an appropriate oud is harder to come by. Aoud Blue Notes is one of my favorite colognes of all and is occasionally works during summer, but Aoud Lemon Mint seems to have a higher temperature ceiling.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Acqua di Parma Colonia and Essenza
Penhaligon's Castile
Floris Neroli Voyage. I just brought a bottle of Floris Cefiro home from England and I think I'm going to like it. Imagine a softer, gentler and more rounded Boucheron Pour Homme.
Dunhill Amalfi Citrus
St Johns West Indian Lime Cologne

Top Bottom