What's new

Post a pic and tell us about your collection!

Heyyo! What’s going on guys? Sorry if there is already something similar to this floating around on here but I searched for a bit and couldn’t see anything. Plus, I’m a newb so I have that excuse for at least a little longer lol. But I just figured I would start a collection pic and info thread. Give us a chance to see what everyone is working with. Maybe the jealously of seeing other collections will encourage some people to add some bottles to their collection, haha! If you can post a pic please feel free to still tell us about your collection.

Well, I guess I’ll get started. I’ll try to work left to right and front to back as best as I can.

$2012-07-08_22-56-18_947.jpg

• Bvlgari Man – love it. So classy but in a very refined and not flashy way. Sits close to the skin so projection is not the greatest.
  • Givenchy Play Intense – great great fragrance. Perfect for anytime casual wear. Longevity and projection are excellent on this one
  • Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense – I don’t use this one too too often. I like it. But just like. I’m not the biggest fan of patchouli and this is filled with it
  • Prada Amber Pour Homme – I know for most this is a love it or hate and I LOVE IT! AMAZING! Yes it smells like cleaning supplies. But cleaning supplies that are on roids or that have maybe had a big makeover lol.
  • Chrome Legend – this one is a guilty pleasure. Great smell but it doesn’t have any levels. Doesn’t change it all. Same smell 5 hours later. Came close to removing it from my collection as I haven’t worn it in sooo long.
  • Armani Mania – nothing special about this one to me. Good fragrance. With everything else I have though it just doesn’t get tossed into rotation much.
  • Burberry Brit – feel the same way about this as I do Armani Mania. Good decent fragrance just doesn’t get in the usage rotation
  • Bvlgari Aqva – great fragrance! Doesn’t get used much but still great none the less. One of the few Aqua fragrances I like
  • Lanvin Arpege – this stuff smells great upon first application but the dry down ruins it for me.
  • Versace Man (Purple bottle) - love it. Very very synthetic smell but it’s still great. This one gets use pretty often
  • Guerlain L’Instant – love it love it love it! Very masculine. Great projection and longevity. This is one of my top used fragrances
  • Guerlain L’Instant Extreme - AMAH-ZING! Yes, I said amah-zing! I would use this one a lot more if I wasn’t scared of running out too soon
  • Escada Magnetism – there was a time when I thought this cologne was the bees knees. But as I matured and collection and tastes grew I found myself thinking less and less of this one. Good for going to the club or to a party. Some will argue it but I smell grape soda more than anything in this one.
  • Hanae Mori HM – really good floral fragrance. Longevity and projection are excellent. This did get a lot of use before my collection started increasing
  • Allure Homme – like lemon? You’ll probably love this one. Very fresh. Great projection and longevity. Gotten more than a handful of compliments on this one.
  • Ferragamo F Black – another WOW! I was not expecting this one to be as great as it is. Lavender and pepper is very prominent in this one. Another great compliment getter
  • Jaipur Homme EDT – old school sweetness. I love it. Very manly. Great vanilla and cinnamon combo
  • Jaipur Homme EDP – just like the EDT version but sweeter
  • Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir – one of the great unknowns. This musky cologne is a favorite of mine and it gets used more than often. LOVE IT!
  • D&G Light Blue – not a fan anymore. No projection and even less longevity.
  • Bvlgari Aqva Marine – not sure why this one is in my collection. The original Aqva puts it to shame and I never ever use it
  • D&G The One Gentleman – great great smelling fragrance. The lack of longevity and sillage ruined it for me. Been traded actually
  • Bvlgari BLV – excellence! Maybe it’s just the intense ginger that draws me to this but I love it.
  • Bleu de Chanel – it’s nice. Nothing special about this one to me. kinda smells more like a body spray more than an actual cologne fragrance.
  • Burberry Touch – let me tell you about how much I love touch! This one is great. Very powdery which I love. And the longevity is easily 9+ hours
  • Rochas Man – I like this one just enough to keep it around. I tried and tried so hard to trade someone for this and when I finally got it I just wasn’t as impressed as I’d hoped. If I didn’t have Play Intense this one might get more use.
  • Tom Ford Grey Vetiver – this is a new edition to my collection and it has quickly become a favorite. Worth every penny in my opinion. Great Vetiver
  • A&f Fierce – another guilty pleasure. I love the smell of this stuff. i would wear this all the time if everyone and their brother wasn't already wearing it.
  • Paco Rabanne One Million – just decent enough for me to keep around. Doesn’t get much use though. Most suited for clubbing or partying
  • Sexual Nights by Michele Germain – love it! Don’t care too much about the “aphrodisiac” claims it has but even still it’s a great fragrance. Very floral. Great use of leather and grapefruit.
  • YSL L’Homme Libre – fresh fresh fresh is all I can say about this one. Really good smell just nothing too special. Lots of pepper in this one
  • YSL La Nuit DeL’Homme – I had about a 6 month period where this was all I wore. I love it.
  • Tom Ford for Men – got this in a trade. Don’t like it at all. Just letting it take up space until I can swap it or sell it
  • Encre Noire by Lalique – hands down my most used fragrance. I have nothing else in my collection quite like it and nothing else gets me the way Encre Noire does. I can’t speak highly enough about this one
  • Unforgivable by Sean Jean – this is a favorite of mine that just doesn’t get used that often. Still great though. Wasn’t excepting this from a celebrity fragrance. I know a lot of people that compare it to one of the Creeds but as I haven’t smelled any Creeds I can’t comment on that.
  • Baldessarini Ambre – another top favorite. I love this fragrance. Whiskey and apple, mmm mmm!

And not pictured but recently added…
  • Lalique White by Lalique – still trying to figure this one out. I do like it. It’s very fresh. Very peppery like L’Homme Libre. Has a dry down similar Light Blue.
  • Lalique Equus by Lalique – this would be a total win for me but the longevity just isn’t there
  • He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared – my newest fragrance. Just got it in the other day. I’m really really enjoying it. For the money I can’t complain one bit. A lot of people compared it to Encre Noire which lead me to blind buy it but after trying it out for a couple of days I can say that it’s nothing like Encre Noire. It’s very “dark” smelling like EN but that’s it. Still going to be using this quite often though.

Attachments

• $2012-07-08_22-56-18_947.jpg
    $2012-07-08_22-56-18_947.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
Great post huckleberry. Enjoyed reading your mini reviews very much.

I will try to do similar in near future when I get time.

Your wardrobe is missing Dior Homme!

I agree that L'Instant extreme is amazing. I just think it is more a cold weather scent and seems a bit out of place in the 100 degree weather we've had lately. You should also check out New Haarlem which is another awesome gourmand scent.

I need to direct my wife to this thread and to the thread with shave den pictures to prove to her that I am far from being on par with those who truly embrace their AD's!

$WP_000202.jpg
Classic Bottles when I can find them. Lilac Vegetal, Lucky Tiger Hair Tonic (filled with Jeris), Barbasol Musk in a (Col Conk Bottle), Hoyt's 1868, Old Spice, Pinaud Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman

Attachments

• $After Shaves.jpg
    $After Shaves.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
Great post huckleberry. Enjoyed reading your mini reviews very much.

I will try to do similar in near future when I get time.

Your wardrobe is missing Dior Homme!

I agree that L'Instant extreme is amazing. I just think it is more a cold weather scent and seems a bit out of place in the 100 degree weather we've had lately. You should also check out New Haarlem which is another awesome gourmand scent.

Oh man I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to trade someone for Dior Homme and Homme Intense some time now :sad: I had Dior Homme Sport which I had received in a trade on basenotes and it honestly was too much like my Allure Homme and a couple of other. Just so much lemon and citrus. So I traded it out for a 3/4 full bottle of Magnetism. Just haven’t been able to find anyone to trade with and I'm only just beginning to really pay for bottles again. And I feel ya on the L ‘Instant, it’s just too hot lately. It will be in constant rotation once winter comes though lol. I've actually got a sample of New Haarlem and I LOVE IT! When the day comes I can drop that much on a bottle I'm looking to get either that, Bleeker St, West Side, New York Oud or Gramercy Park.

View attachment 262507
Classic Bottles when I can find them. Lilac Vegetal, Lucky Tiger Hair Tonic (filled with Jeris), Barbasol Musk in a (Col Conk Bottle), Hoyt's 1868, Old Spice, Pinaud Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman

Sweet! I'm loving those bottles. I need to jump on the straight razor band wagon as well. Thanks for posting!

Nice collection of fragrances, but you're missing a few important ones.

uh oh. which ones? i'm always eager to hear suggestions.

Huckleberry, what is your rotation like with your collection?

Honestly nothing too special or anything. For the most part I just wear whatever I'm feeling that day. I do kind of switch it up as the season progresses. When its uber hot and humid I try to stay away from really sweet cloying fragrances likemy L ‘Instant Extreme, Givenchy Play Intense, Jaipur and La Nuit. Those are allmostly fall/winter for me unless I'm just in a special mood. Even with all I've got I still tend to stick to my favs. I’m usually walking out my door each day lately with either Prada Amber Pour Homme, Encre Noire, Grey Vetiver, F Blackor Baldessarni Ambre. I've been on a big big Vetiver kick lately though.

Just the DH line (L to R: Vintage DH x 2, DH reformulated, DHI reformulated, DHS reformulated)

View attachment 262802

Simple and beautiful! :thumbup: I would love to add a couple of those to my collection. Do you have a fav or just one you use more than the other?

I need to direct my wife to this thread and to the thread with shave den pictures to prove to her that I am far from being on par with those who truly embrace their AD's!

haha! Yea man its passion for lots of guys. And a hatred for lots of wives lol. I have seen some MASSIVE collections on basenotes that put mine to straight shame.

I actually just added a couple more to my collection over the weekend. On Saturday I got my Lubin Bluff and Itasca in the mail :biggrin1: YES YES YES! They were not only blind buys but they were the best blind buys I've made yet. Both are amazing! The Bluff is very spicy and very clearly unisex. Nutmeg, cinnamon and kola nut are very prominent in this one. I'm actually wearing it to work today. And the Itasca is almost perfect for me. Nothing against the Bluff but Itasca is my fav of the two. It’s a very citrusy and woody Vetiver. Per the description on fragrantica "this scent evokes the forests that surround Lake Itasca". I can buy that. It’s very earthy and outdoorsy. I’ve also got Lubin Le Vetiver on the way from Great Britain so I will be updating everyone on that as soon as it arrives!

And I meant to post this as well when I first made this post. Just to add to the overall collection. I’ve also got my dresser drawer full of my bottles that are up for sale/trade

$2012-07-08_23-02-33_4121.jpg

SCREAM !!!
My GF had a breakin into her apartment last night and among all her things, my 2 wine coolers/fridges with all my niche frags and some of my favorite designers were stolen :a31: :censored: :a31:
We're talking circa 100 bottles of juice :crying: :crying:

I hope insurance will cover all her stuff as well as the stuff I had at her flat - thank god they didn't take my 2 new Edwin Jagger Bulbous and Chatsworth Barley DE razors........

This really suck - as I would have posted some pics of my frag collection tonight :sad:

So I can only show you what I have at my own flat - 95% designer juice, since I kept all my more expensive bottles in the wine fridge for storage and shelf life reasons, since I owned circa 350 bottles of juice, I had to keep the more expensive and natural ingredient filled juice in the wine fridge.......

This really sucks :thumbdown

So I guess my collection is now down to circa 225-250 bottles......

Here is a pic of what I have left of my collection now...sighhhh

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
WOW! So sorry to hear about this! Taking wine coolers! You would think somebody would notice people hauling away large stuff and a lot of it(your GF's stuff!)

Anyway, you still take the cake for frag collection!

WOW! So sorry to hear about this! Taking wine coolers! You would think somebody would notice people hauling away large stuff and a lot of it(your GF's stuff!)

Anyway, you still take the cake for frag collection!

Yeahhhh - they were 2 smaller wine fridges (but mighty fine looking fridges - bought them from a hotel where I know the manager) - each with 45-50 bottles almost compressed together in there.
I suspect maybe they thought it was expensive stuff in there - other wise they would just have left it alone.......

Unfortunately my GF's flat is at ground floor and there is a balcony to the back yard.........but come onnnnn.........

My GF made a youtube video about some of her own perfume collection and also showed my niche and high end designer collection at the same time, since I had my 2 wine fridges at her place - maybe someone saw this video and knew they had a value of $7-$8000 retail.
She also showed her Macbook Air and iMac in the video............

Don't know for sure, but they also stole some of her high end designer cloths and a couple of paintings.......nothing special, but still worth a bit.

Of course they also took her Apple MacBook Air and iMac.......but stealing niche fragrances....come one - give me a break - leave us frag heads alone with our own little hobby :sneaky2:

Sighhhhh...... :crying:

Last edited:
Yeahhhh - they were 2 smaller wine fridges (but mighty fine looking fridges - bought them from a hotel where I know the manager) - each with 45-50 bottles almost compressed together in there.
I suspect maybe they thought it was expensive stuff in there - other wise they would just have left it alone.......

Unfortunately my GF's flat is at ground floor and there is a balcony to the back yard.........but come onnnnn.........

My GF made a youtube video about some of her own perfume collection and also showed my niche and high end designer collection at the same time, since I had my 2 wine fridges at her place - maybe someone saw this video and knew they had a value of $7-$8000 retail.
She also showed her Macbook Air and iMac in the video............

Don't know for sure, but they also stole some of her high end designer cloths and a couple of paintings.......nothing special, but still worth a bit.

Of course they also took her Apple MacBook Air and iMac.......but stealing niche fragrances....come one - give me a break - leave us frag heads alone with our own little hobby :sneaky2:

Sighhhhh...... :crying:

At least your Rooney 2XL is safe!

NO WAY! I've been searching for the name of the bottle on the top photo far left with the lion (?) head for weeks. For the life of me I can't remember the name although I know it's very common. I had it 10-15 years ago and loved it. Do tell please!!!!

Versace Dreamer. Not a lions head though. It is the Versace symbol.....

So I guess my collection is now down to circa 225-250 bottles......

Here is a pic of what I have left of my collection now...sighhhh

That is truly hating it. On the upside, it looks like the imporant ones (Zino, Kouros, Azzaro PH) all weathered the storm. :thumbup:

Top Bottom