What's new

Summer scent?

Eau Sauvage

If you want lemon, then try Eau Sauvage. It's available in may stores, so trying before buying shouldn't be a problem.

For me, Terre D'Hermes is both modern and summery. Unfortunately it's quite pricey. Again, you can try it in any Hermes store before buying.

ADP - every single one of them
L'Occitane Verbena

Hows the longevity on L'Occitane Verbena? Thinking about blind buying this one. Ive liked every L'occitane fragrance that Ive tried, but all the ones I own tend to be best suited for cooler weather.

Answering the Op's question. Check out Dior Eau Savage, or YSL Live Jazz.

The Monsieur Balmain arrived today. Certainly lemony at first. Funny, the drydown reminded me of every '60s cologne I've smelled ... Basically, a lot like Aramis.

Which isn't a bad thing. Just looking for something modern. The quest continues.

Today was hot, hot, hot in Milwaukee. Knowing I'd be sweating profusely, I way overapplied the sample of Monsieur Balmain I bought. I pretty much emptied out that tiny bottle.

Lemony fresh at first ... but gone by 1 p.m.

Back to the drawing board, methinks.

My summer selection consists of:

Aqua/Bvlgari (Bulgari)
Cool Water/Davidoff
Oscar for Men/Oscar de la Renta
1881/Cerruti

Paco Rabanne pour homme is not really what I would consider a summer frag but it works in all seasons and I love it.
Smells like a barber shop to me!

Hows the longevity on L'Occitane Verbena? Thinking about blind buying this one. Ive liked every L'occitane fragrance that Ive tried, but all the ones I own tend to be best suited for cooler weather.

Answering the Op's question. Check out Dior Eau Savage, or YSL Live Jazz.

I can put it on in the evening and still note it in the morning. Good longevity, but never overwhelming

Allure Homme Edition Blanche baby!!!!!!!! Got it last week and big fan so far (though has some flaws).
To start a separate thread on it now.

Was going back and forth between GIT and Ireland - Patrick for a bit. Used l'eau d'issey for the first time in awhile today and DANG, do I forgot how much I like this stuff. Great dry down and superb longevity. Highly recommend it.

I have been abusing Still Life all summer long. I just bought some Dior Homme Sport to lighten the burden. Really good too. These are my top two, although very different.

Top Bottom