What's new

Summer scent?

Acqqua di Parma Colonia is a perfect summer scent. Can't guarantee you'll love it but it's hard to believe anyone wouldn't at least like it. You could try anything in the AdP line. They would all work. But the tried and true Colonia is still tough to beat.

Mugler Cologne is a "designer" homage to 4711 Original Eau de Cologne .
While good , I prefer the original 4711 .
And prefer Agua De Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez to 4711 .
It's also a traditional Eau de Cologne but with more lemon .
But any of these are a great summer scent .

Interesting. I have the Mugler Cologne, which I highly recommend. I have used 4711 long ago, and remember it as a light, very citrusy fragrance, while I get no citrus at all from Mugler Cologne, and I don't find them similar at all.

In response to the OP, I think both Mugler Cologne and Eau Sauvage are great summer scents.

+1 for Mugler

As far as Acqua di Parma Colonia - IMO it is a bit old school, but elegant and sophisticated... maybe the essenza would be a better choice.

I have a particular fondness for AdP Colonia and wear it all year, but it is better in the summer. Issey sport is nice in the summer, I just started wearing it again actually. I like Polo Blue in the summer as well, Burberry Brit not so much.

Just recently tried the AdP colognes and I prefer the Intensa over the original Colonia personally.

The Assoluta is designed by the same two guys that designed Pen's Sartorial. And to me it has that kind of vibe too. And yeah the Intensa is wonderful too. Under some conditions I might even prefer either of them. But when I think "summer" and "sun" and "beach" and "sea breeze" and maybe "Italian Riviera" I think of the original Colonia.

So, I bought a small decant of ADP Colonia. It arrived today. To me, it smelled quite dated (because, of course, it is) but not in a great way. Plus, it seems to have very little longevity. Somewhat "old man."

I guess I'm hoping for something more modern and maybe more fruity.

I wore Bergamotto Marino today. One of the best fragrance purchases I've made since I started this hobby/addiction. Think I paid $29 shipped for a 100ml tester (FragranceNet).

Maybe I should offer up a summer cologne that I almost liked: Acqua di Gio.

Except I smelled like a frat boy and I hate aquatic scents. But the rest I liked. ;)

Monsieur Balmain.

A blast of lemon right off the top and then a nice woodsy warm dry down. Longevity is excellent for a citrus frag.

SWMBO gave me a bottle of Fahrenheit for our 26th and I've been wearing it ever since.

Prior, my summer go-to was Bigelow Elixer-White.
Got a sampler of GFT and GFT Spanish Leather from a local vendor and SWMBO absolutely loves the Spanish Leather... she detects a heavy citrus note even though we normally associate "leather" scents more with winter.

1. Adolfo Dominguez - Vetiver Hombre

$o.15805.jpg

2. Limes, from say - Trumper or Anglia Perfumery

$imperial_lime.jpg

3. Lemon colognes, from the local Turkish shops

$kartopu-limon-kolonyasi-pet-200ml-b.jpg

N. Finnish sauna and dip to the sea/lake

proxy.php

Top Bottom