What's new

styptic pencils

I like to rub a wet alum block over my face and neck after a shave, with or without nicks, cuts, or abrasions. Gives a nice antiseptic rub after the shave.

This mornings shave took a cold sore scab off my upper lip. The styptic pencil quickly solved the bleeding, and all is well.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I use the alum block for the (thankfully) occasional weeper. I have a styptic pencil in the cabinet and recall that it worked very well and felt less than good.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A styptic pencil is useful for not only stopping the bleeding from a nick, but as a stark reminder to be more careful in the future to avoid nicks altogether! :lol1:

I use an alum block and a jumbo styptic pen more than I would like to admit. Would probably bleed to death without them.

More than you'd like to admit? Don't kid yourself, ALL the warriors around here use them more than they admit. I certainly do, which is whenever I draw blood - sometimes more, sometimes less, and often not.

I must have jinxed myself by posting earlier because I subsequently nicked myself. To be fair though it was in the usual spot (at the nasolabial fold) and I did end up using my styptic pencil. Usually for small weepers and the like a cold washcloth after I shave more than suffices. I don't use aftershave or cologne.

Top Bottom