What's new

Straight Razor Ideas

heres the next one

6/8 viking Dragon going hopefully to bushranger as long as he likes it :thumbup1:
he can always tell me what to change

the original blade drawing has the correct configuration of the head of the dragon, and the one with scales drawn just has a quick head thrown onto it,
the tail of this viking dragon "ship" is going to be attached to the end of the scales and will be very thin, shouldnt get in the way or anything

so here it is

6/8 spanish point half or full hollow ...Viking Dragon,

Last edited:
Oh those are maddeningly awesome looking. It really really makes me want to shave with one :lol:.

I saw how the last blade you posted pictures of turned out. I'm convinced these will turn out looking even cooler than the sketches show!

These are pretty sweet. I think combining the "french point" brut, full wedge blade from your second drawing with the "curvy" humback would be ridiculously cool. I'm a big fan of simplicity, but with a symmetrical design. Something along the lines of the "Robert Williams Damascus Swayback" in the reviews section with a slightly larger french point. Once you figure out a price, i'd be happy to be a guinea pig.

Well, I'm going to take a different approach here and even though I see you have made knives razors are very different animals.

My suggestion is be more concerned with creating a good shaving razor and hang the design rather than risk having a display piece that won't shave. After you have a good shaving razor then deal with design issues.

So initially make a very plain vanilla traditional style for now.

im currently finishing grinding of my 3rd "standard" style straight, and have polished the edge up to 4000 grit, shaves nicely, and is wicked sharp, though not the smoothest,
im going to get them all honed by a guy my next door neighbor knows, who was a barber, and he;s gonna test shave with them,

for me , making a funky tail doesnt make the razor any more dificult, just looks cooler, and gives it some "charactor"

Cameron

well, actually its a new 200 year old anvil :) this year actually, i was thinking id take a picture for all to see how big it is :)

325 pound moushole forge anvil :)

its a bit high onthe stump right now, so it makes forging abit tough, but im getting aorund to that , and giving it a mirror shine on the face, make it a bit easier to forge some nice smooth forgings :)

Cameron

okay, here it is , its a bit dark outside Being 11 30 here, but, yeah,

its got a 5 3/4 by around 20 inch face, and is about 31 inches long, total,

as opposed to my old anvil, which was like 22 inches overall, and was 12 inches long face, with a 3 and a half inch face :)

this is awesome im so excited :)

yeah, im going to be taking pictures through the forging process , and maybe thorugh the grinding process, :) im looking forward to this,

yeah, its been raining for the last couple days, im just re dressing the hammers and everything, and will start on this soon, i justneed to pick what one im starting first

thanks for all the support

Top Bottom