What's new

Storing snuff

Any correct way to store snuff? Got 6 10g tins. Should I just keep them screwed tight And in a cool dry place? I know it a dry powder but figured there's gotta be a right way. Oh ya gotta a couple of those plastic 10g knockers too. Not exactly able to get them tighter than they already are. Thanks.

So if you have small individual tins or boxes you just put each one in whole. As is not dumping contents into jar???

I just take all the individual tins, and chuck em in a canning jar. This should keep air exchange to a minimum, but I am not an expert.

That method works pretty well with drugstore style pipe tobacco pouches, I can't see any reason it wouldn't with snuff. You may also want to put some desiccant of some kind in the jar, since snuff really wants no moisture from what I can tell. Just layer the bottom with some dry uncooked rice, and that will pull any moisture out of the air that does get in when you open/close the jar. It's also super cheap and easy.

snuffs do contain some moisture and its best to keep them in this slightly moist state so as not to risk losing the flavors and they're also easier to use that way. i wouldn't want a desiccant near my snuff but im new to this too so these are just my thoughts on the topic.
edit: i do worry about cross contamination when keeping different snuffs together, especially highly mentholated ones. i keep strong menthol snuffs in a separate container.

snuffs do contain some moisture and its best to keep them in this slightly moist state so as not to risk losing the flavors and they're also easier to use that way. i wouldn't want a desiccant near my snuff but im new to this too so these are just my thoughts on the topic.
edit: i do worry about cross contamination when keeping different snuffs together, especially highly mentholated ones. i keep strong menthol snuffs in a separate container.

Ah, ok. My mistake then in thinking they were better stored very dry.

Top Bottom