What's new

Stirling Zenith Boar

We’ll, finally got around to using my new Stirling Zenith 28mm brush for my Christmas morning shave. Not bad for first use. Bristles are a bit stiff but soft from the the bleaching. It was some what of a soap hog but I was able to get enough lather for my 4 pass shave. The handle is quite wide and not as comfortable as some of my other brushes but I can live with it. Looking forward to getting it broken in and using it more.
I’ve noticed that it’s a lather hog as well. It’s the only brush that I have to reload during the shave. While the handle is on the wider side I personally find it fairly comfortable to use

I noticed a guy posted a video about the 31mm brush

1703618616085.png

It looks big!

I have the original pre Stirling brush, the MOAR BOAR 31mm that was done for r/Wetshaving.

It is a Zenith B35 knot and I was wondering how much it would need to break in. For me it felt like it was almost broken it on first use, so soft and plush, just an amazing feeling, if it weren't for the thicker bristles and different backbone I could get it mixed up with a badger.

The only negative I find with this brush is how much soap it uses, last time it ate 8 grams off my HoM soap.

P.S.- I've only face lathered with this brush.

I have the original pre Stirling brush, the MOAR BOAR 31mm that was done for r/Wetshaving.
Thanks. Excellent information. In your opinion, based on the specs and the pictures, isn't the knot of the 31mm Stirling brush shorter than the one you have on the B35?

Thanks. Excellent information. In your opinion, based on the specs and the pictures, isn't the knot of the 31mm Stirling brush shorter than the one you have on the B35?
I think the loft is the same, but will check for you tomorrow when I am able to measure it.

I received the 31mm today.

Beautiful brush. Almost zero smell. I soaked it in water for few hours, cleaned it with a gentle soap and it was good to go. Tried it on the hand first, and on the face later, with MdC Vetyver. Good backbone in spite of reasonably soft bristles, due to a very dense knot, it splays easily and painting with it is a pleasure. Beautiful handle, even better than in pictures. Good grip, good weight. Very pleased with my first ever Zenith boar brush.

The knot diameter is exactly 31mm, the height however on mine, is 57-58mm, not the declared 50mm.

IMG_9254 (1).jpeg

IMG_9286.jpeg

IMG_9245.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9288.jpeg

Last edited:
I received the 31mm today.

Beautiful brush. Almost zero smell. I soaked it in water for few hours, cleaned it with a gentle soap and it was good to go. Tried it on the hand first, and on the face later, with MdC Vetyver. Good backbone in spite of reasonably soft bristles, due to a very dense knot, it splays easily and painting with it is a pleasure. Beautiful handle, even better than in pictures. Good grip, good weight. Very pleased with my first ever Zenith boar brush.

The knot diameter is exactly 31mm, the height however on mine, is 57-58mm, not the declared 50mm.

View attachment 1772494

View attachment 1772495

View attachment 1772506

View attachment 1772502

View attachment 1772505
Nice!
I ended up ordering the same one, but I haven't received it yet. Can't wait!

I have yet to receive mine but I guess not less than 55mm, based on a total height of 120mm/4.75" and a standard handle height of 65mm (the 31mm has a 70mm handle).
I think that the loft mentioned in the description refers to the "effective loft", and if it is really 46mm then 55mm should be quite right.

Last edited:
I have yet to receive mine but I guess not less than 55mm, based on a total height of 120mm/4.75" and a standard handle height of 65mm (the 31mm has a 70mm handle).
I think that the loft mentioned in the description refers to the "effective loft", and if it is really 46mm then 55mm should be quite right.

Makes sense. I went with the 28mm

Just got the 31mm today. Did a quick soak and hand lather. Feels pretty soft right from the start. Love the handle size and color. Solid resin. Has some heft to it. Loft on mine matches what others are saying - about 57mm. Now I need a new brush stand. This bad boy won't fit my regular stands.

Received my 31mm brush today. Love everything about it except for the fact that the knot is a bit lopsided. I've had a Zenith in the past which was terribly lopsided. I wish Zenith was better with setting their knots.

I'm very OCD so this really bothers me. I'm going to use it for a few more days and let more hairs split, but if it still looks lopsided, I'll have to contact Stirling.

The other Zenith I had never recovered even after fully breaking it in. I don't expect this one to straighten out either.

Top Bottom