What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I always get great lather with Stirling, but to me it is very thirsty especially when using a boar brush. However when I get it right it is really a joy to shave with.

Box 1 looks like it was picked up yesterday and should be delivered on Thursday. I work from home on Fridays while in Chicago so looking forward to having a morning to take a deep dive into the box!

Hmm...kind of quiet around here...

Box 1 looks like it got hung up by the USPS in South Carolina since Jeremy sent it last Friday but didn't appear in the tracking system until Monday. Arrived in Chicago early this morning per the tracking number so should be at my doorstep when I get home from work!

I do not personally but I have heard they are quite ample and have seen many people praise them for the size of their samples.

It's 25% of a full size puck. Same diameter, I think they just slice a full size puck 4 times to generate samples.

Cheaper shipping and now a rewards program. I feel my wallet tensing up! :w00t:
I need to try their balms...

Their balms are great and they just revamped the bottling and the formula a bit so they should be even better now. The scents stick around longer than any of my other aftershaves (which isn't a lot).

Not a great pic, but I tried to put it in some kind of scale of reference. You get a ton of shaves out of one. They aren't even just great samples, but are great for scents that you maybe don't want a full tub of, like seasonals or oddball things you like, but only once in a while.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455892319.600820.jpg

Not a great pic, but I tried to put it in some kind of scale of reference. You get a ton of shaves out of one. They aren't even just great samples, but are great for scents that you maybe don't want a full tub of, like seasonals or oddball things you like, but only once in a while.

View attachment 638617

Perfect! Thanks a lot. That puts it right into perspective.

Went 14 shaves on a sample of Sharp Dressed Man. Could have maybe squeezed one more out, but tossed the thin ring of what was left. I like they are full diameter samples, loads just like a full puck with no messing around.

Went 14 shaves on a sample of Sharp Dressed Man. Could have maybe squeezed one more out, but tossed the thin ring of what was left. I like they are full diameter samples, loads just like a full puck with no messing around.

Agreed. The samples do last a lot of shaves. It fits in any bowl easily and allows you to lather like you normally would. Unlike other samples, it gives you a good amount of shaves to really see if you like Stirling and more importantly the scent. The low costs are just an added bonus and you don't feel bad putting a few more samples in your cart.

Enjoy it!

To be honest, while I don't mind giving Rod and Mandy the business, having bought like twenty full pucks and jars of their soap, I almost wish I would have bought more of them in samples. It would let a guy go through them a little quicker, and try more stuff without filling a closet. :) Ton of shaves for being a sample.

Those photos adequately capture it. As far as sample soaps go I think Stirling's are about the largest and best value around.

I was able to completely go through the box today. There are several brands in this box that I have never tried before and have been really wanting to including: Cattie's Bubbles, Saint Charles Shave, MWF, and AccaKappa. Also, I have several soaps to add to this box that are missing from the brand assortments. I think those after me will really enjoy them.

When the box came in I had to shave before work, so I quickly picked out CB Gardenia. Being from the South, if it is honeysuckle, hydrangea, or peach, I'm in. So the CB lathered great. I've decided to use my shavette to see how these soaps deal with my most aggressive razor. CB did not dissappoint. A great shave with no alum feedback. Definetly a buy. I also like their scents celtic knot and Unjour Gris. I can definitely see why CB always seems to get rave reviews in the forums.

On a down side note. Today I tried Briar Drakkar. This soap had great cologne scent. Had a great lather. I mean really great. I applied it to my face. Awesome. Then, something went wrong. The scent started to bloom and left a chemical burnt smell. The only way I could describe it was when my mother used to make me go to the beauty shop when she got her hair cut and smelling all of the perm and hair dye chemicals. I did a first pass, relathered, the same smell resurfaced. I was heartbroken. Does anyone have any information on this soap or other scents? The sample looked untouched so I don't know if anyone else has tried it.

I was able to completely go through the box today. There are several brands in this box that I have never tried before and have been really wanting to including: Cattie's Bubbles, Saint Charles Shave, MWF, and AccaKappa. Also, I have several soaps to add to this box that are missing from the brand assortments. I think those after me will really enjoy them.

When the box came in I had to shave before work, so I quickly picked out CB Gardenia. Being from the South, if it is honeysuckle, hydrangea, or peach, I'm in. So the CB lathered great. I've decided to use my shavette to see how these soaps deal with my most aggressive razor. CB did not dissappoint. A great shave with no alum feedback. Definetly a buy. I also like their scents celtic knot and Unjour Gris. I can definitely see why CB always seems to get rave reviews in the forums.

On a down side note. Today I tried Briar Drakkar. This soap had great cologne scent. Had a great lather. I mean really great. I applied it to my face. Awesome. Then, something went wrong. The scent started to bloom and left a chemical burnt smell. The only way I could describe it was when my mother used to make me go to the beauty shop when she got her hair cut and smelling all of the perm and hair dye chemicals. I did a first pass, relathered, the same smell resurfaced. I was heartbroken. Does anyone have any information on this soap or other scents? The sample looked untouched so I don't know if anyone else has tried it.

I didn't get the chemical smell with the Briar soap though maybe your nose is more sensitive than mine. I did however find the scent to be better than the performance on that particular soap. So for me it was usable but not great.

Try the WSP Fougere Noir instead which is also a Drakkar Noir scent. I like it a lot better than the Briar soap. I do love the scent as it takes me back to high school. I think you'll find it performs a lot better then the Briar soap and it has the same scent. I don't know at the moment if it's in box 1 or box 2.

Apparently the USPS decided box 1 would like to enjoy the Chicago hub for a night. According to the tracking, it should be delivered today.

And they wonder why most people tend to prefer UPS or FedEx for reliability... :001_rolle

Top Bottom