What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Pulled out my Stirling Clubman....I'm going to give it another go....I'll post how it goes tomorrow....I like the scent, just had trouble getting it to lather well.

I remember with my original Glacial puck, I left it uncovered for around a month at Rod's suggestion and when I began using it again the lather exploded richly and beautifully. I think it has to do with the high menthol content and the rest of the formulation. The soap definitely needs a longer curing time.

I've never had any issues lathering Rod's soaps, but I will say that every tweak he's done with the formula has either made it even easier to lather, slicker, more moisturizing, etc.

I used the current (5th or 6th generation?) MITA today and didn't even need a moisturizer afterwards. Just a splash of alcohol free witch hazel.

It was more an issue of scents for me. The Clubman and Bay Rum just didn't do it for me. The Lime was ok. None made me pause for a moment of respect like the SDM did. I love it so much I just shaved for the second time today.

I'm in! I have never tried Stirling Soaps and I am growing to love menthol soaps! So far ive used the Proraso. With the heat and hours I work its a great start to my day. Thanks for the chance!

I had a sample that I could just not get to lather. Hearing all of you talk about how great it is has made me curious. I would like to be in for the spearming

Nachum thanks for your generosity to the community. Rod is a true gentleman and has the best customer service policies I have heard of. Congrats to the chosen three.

Rod told me that the Glastonbury was still being worked on, as the original hemp oil approach wasn't working well with the longevity of the lather.

I hope I've snagged one as he said he would put them on sale anyhow.

Interesting you find the lavender scent, perhaps this is the new alternative.

I feel 'another' sterling order coming up soon! I only got my hands on the previous one last week!

Without a doubt my 'desert island' soap would be Stirling.

I talked to Rod via email about it earlier, and since he knew I was interested in a lavender patchouli blend, he threw in a sample of the Glastonbury with an order of the new Gin and Tonic. I might not have found it at first if I hadn't been looking for it. Initially, I got a whiff of patchouli, with a grassy scent like vetiver... but that might have been the hemp seed oil. Every now and then I get some of the floral tones. At first smell I wasn't entirely sure, but the more I'd breathe it in, the more I liked it. I find it to be really nice and complex. As far as the lather, I found it to be slightly drier and not quite as long lasting, but still very pleasant. I think adding a little extra water might help, though. It still makes for a nice shave, and I'm willing to work with it for the scent until he perfects it. Rod offers really awesome customer service. I may never buy another brand of soap again.

It was more an issue of scents for me. The Clubman and Bay Rum just didn't do it for me. The Lime was ok. None made me pause for a moment of respect like the SDM did. I love it so much I just shaved for the second time today.

You've just got to try more variety. I think Rod has something for everyone. I was mildly disappointed by the smell of the Clubman, as I don't think it smells like the AS, but I still enjoyed it. But the smells of the Glastonbury, Lavender Sage, Port au Prince, and Gin and Tonic... those are not replicated anywhere, and are perfect. When dialed in correctly, I haven't found anything to match the slickness of his soaps.

How are you guys having luck just lathering on the puck? I keep picking up to much soap. I have had better luck in a bowl.

How are you guys having luck just lathering on the puck? I keep picking up to much soap. I have had better luck in a bowl.
I can never have too much soap on my brush it seems with Stirling. I load for a solid minute then face lather. Each pass afterward I always go back to the puck for more. For what its worth; I can never get Stirling to really puff up for me. It still gives me great results with a slick 1 mm thick layer of creaminess painted across my face.

Hi gents.

A friend of mine gave me a sample of a Stirling soap. The scent was odd: BEER! That's right, beer.

This morning, the moment I uncovered it, the scent of beer invaded my nostrils. I gathered some courage and picked my good old trustworthy SOC boar brush and began lathering it.

Lathering it was easy and I got plenty of light beige lather, that's right - beige, not white.

The lather smelled terrible, looked odd, but it felt great on the tips of my fingers, so I gave it a go.

I tried not to take deep breathes during my shave, even though this soap provided great lather of my 3 full passes.

After my final cold water rinse, my skin was feeling great, no nicks nor burns. But I smelled like a big jar of beer was poured on my head and that was not nice on a morning of a working day. I used a spicy cologne to try to cover it (Havana by Aramis) and so far, here at work, nobody called me a drunk, although I can smell it lightly.

Conclusions:

Great lather, no problem building it. Provides great cushion and protection.
As for the scent... If you are not going to be around anybody during the day, but want to be very well shaved, this might be for you. If you need to talk to someone, use your phone or skype.

Enjoy!

Had a nice shave with the Clubman this morning...lathering this soap is not a problem any more for me....just needed a bit more water than I'm used too...left my face feeling good, I did add a few drops of glycerin and was pretty impressed with the end results...the scent is nice as well...followed it with a splash Clubman classic!

I've gotten Stirling to lather up like a dream by gently and slowly working the brush against the puck in a small sideways circle. Also, I only add a few milliliters of water at a time. If only my dad had this soap back in the day instead of Williams. He might never have grown his viking beard!

Top Bottom