What's new

Stirling Soap Samples

In my continuing journey, I have gone through a few different phases regarding razors, blades and soaps as well.
Example: I started out with a tub of Proraso Green (which I still love) but then added Tabac and two Stirling Soap samples, Bay Rum & Margaritas In The Arctic, as well as Palmolive Classic cream. I then discovered how much I appreciate Cremo shave cream products, starting with the Original Classic and then adding Bourbon Vanilla, Heritage Red and Refreshing Mint. In fact, for awhile, I hardly used soaps at all, transitioning to Cremo almost exclusively but then wandered back into the Brush 'N' Mug fold as my lathering technique improved and I wanted a change of pace.
I've discovered that I enjoy the variety, whether it's different razors, a host of blades, or now soaps or creams, all of which add a fun factor to my life.
Today I ordered four more shaving soap samples from Stirling Soap Co.; Barbershop, Deep Blue Sea, Pharoah's Dreamsicle and Sandalwood.
I'd be curious to see if others enjoy the diversity of soaps/blades/razors as well, mainly just for the entertainment value and particularly where soaps are concerned, what with such a myriad of scents available. I purposely ordered samples rather than full-sized pucks, just in case I'm not fond of the scent or performance but if I love any of them, I can always go back and order a shave jar.
Opinions on Stirling Soaps, on sample-sizes, on variety, etc.?

I have their Margherita in the Artic
, Fantastic soap. Great performance and a lot of menthol. I didn't think I would like menthol but it works great. I'll be ordering more shave soap from them I initially ordered a lot of bar soap just to get an idea of the scent profiles. They aren't triple milled so don't last as long as shave soaps. I realized a few I didn't like at all, and learned menthol in a hot shower makes my eyes water lol. The electric sheep and lemon weren't my favorite I recall. One surprised me as being a great scent and can't recall the exact one.one of their populates scents though. Great product imo.

I have their Margherita in the Artic
, Fantastic soap. Great performance and a lot of menthol. I didn't think I would like menthol but it works great. I'll be ordering more shave soap from them I initially ordered a lot of bar soap just to get an idea of the scent profiles. They aren't triple milled so don't last as long as shave soaps. I realized a few I didn't like at all, and learned menthol in a hot shower makes my eyes water lol. The electric sheep and lemon weren't my favorite I recall. One surprised me as being a great scent and can't recall the exact one.one of their populates scents though. Great product imo.
Yep, the Margaritas In The Arctic soap has a lot of menthol in it and I think they're offering a version now with even more. :eek2:
I like it as well. It does wake you up. 🙂

Reactions: cf1
I have Sharp Dressed Man and Bay Rum, excellent scents. I haven’t shaved with either of them yet, have to try a lot of other ones before. On scent alone, Sharp Dressed Man is great. I feel the impulse of eating the Bay Rum, but I could see some people finding it too strong

I've been on a sample kick as of late as well. With some effort, I finally whittled down most of my back-supply, some of which dated back to my starting wetshaving around 2008. Now I'm feeling very noncommittal and I sort of dread the thought of building back so much stuff to get through (I'm a minimalist at heart), so I am enjoying dabbling around with samples.

I made my first Stirling order a couple days ago, and currently have the following in the mail:
  • Scots Pine Sheep
  • Coniferous
  • Coconut Lime
  • Gin and Tonic
  • Lime
  • Juniper Breeze
The first two I'll keep for the fall and the rest will be put to use over the summer.

Last edited:
I've been on a sample kick as of late as well. With some effort, I finally whittled down most of my back-supply, some of which dated back to my starting wetshaving around 2008. Now I'm feeling very noncommittal and I sort of dread the thought of building back so much stuff to get through (I'm a minimalist at heart), so I am enjoying dabbling around with samples.

I made my first Stirling order a couple days ago, and currently have the following in the mail:
  • Scots Pine Sheep
  • Coniferous
  • Coconut Lime
  • Gin and Tonic
  • Lime
  • Juniper Breeze
The first two I'll keep for the fall and the rest will be put to use over the summer.
That's what I love about the Stirling sample sizes: they don't cost you an arm and a leg but you can still get a lot of shaves out of 'em! It's a great way to try different scents.

Stirling makes up the lions share of my soaps. I started with a number of samples including Bay Rum and Orange Chill. Those two remain favorites. I've got a bunch that I don't really care for, but can't recall them off the top of my head. I'll still use the other ones because they are still great soaps, but the scent is not my thing.

I have since picked up full tub of their seasonal offering Satsuma since I like Orange Chill. I've used it a bunch now and I find that it ranks up there with Bay Rum for me. Good thing I ordered it when I did because a day and a-half later it was sold out!

It's scent is a lot like Orange Chill, but a tad milder.

I must say that I enjoy the scent aspect of shaving a lot more than I thought I would.

• Scots Pine Sheep
  • Coniferous
  • Coconut Lime
  • Gin and Tonic
  • Lime
  • Juniper Breeze
Watch out for that Coniferous if you plan to store it for a while! I got a sample of Coniferous, along with several others and didn't have enough containers for them all.

When it first arrived, I ripped open the plastic to sniff and loved it (you will too), but it went into a drawer, sandwiched between a sample of Executive Man and Mountain Man ("until the fall" :ohmy:).

In the drawer they stayed for a few months while I worked through the other samples, but by the time I used the sample of EM & MM they had both picked up the scent of Coniferous. I still don't really know how either of those scents actually smell.

Enjoy!

Watch out for that Coniferous if you plan to store it for a while! I got a sample of Coniferous, along with several others and didn't have enough containers for them all.

When it first arrived, I ripped open the plastic to sniff and loved it (you will too), but it went into a drawer, sandwiched between a sample of Executive Man and Mountain Man ("until the fall" :ohmy:).

In the drawer they stayed for a few months while I worked through the other samples, but by the time I used the sample of EM & MM they had both picked up the scent of Coniferous. I still don't really know how either of those scents actually smell.

Enjoy!
I have a sample of that sitting on the shelf now! Maybe I should get to it

I have

Baker Street
Bergamot Lavender
Weekend in Malibu
Smoky Grapefruit
Tsuka
Deep Blue Sea

I love the Stirling base, it's what I always recommend to friends and family who want to try out wetshaving. My wife does not care for Deep Blue Sea or Tsuka as they are more cologne heavy scents so they seldom get used. My personal favourite is Smoky Grapefruit but also Baker Street (however it was originally a Strop Shoppe scent)

I have

Baker Street
Bergamot Lavender
Weekend in Malibu
Smoky Grapefruit
Tsuka
Deep Blue Sea

I love the Stirling base, it's what I always recommend to friends and family who want to try out wetshaving. My wife does not care for Deep Blue Sea or Tsuka as they are more cologne heavy scents so they seldom get used. My personal favourite is Smoky Grapefruit but also Baker Street (however it was originally a Strop Shoppe scent)
I was tempted to order Baker Street. Maybe next time ...

Stirling makes up the lions share of my soaps. I started with a number of samples including Bay Rum and Orange Chill. Those two remain favorites. I've got a bunch that I don't really care for, but can't recall them off the top of my head. I'll still use the other ones because they are still great soaps, but the scent is not my thing.

I have since picked up full tub of their seasonal offering Satsuma since I like Orange Chill. I've used it a bunch now and I find that it ranks up there with Bay Rum for me. Good thing I ordered it when I did because a day and a-half later it was sold out!

It's scent is a lot like Orange Chill, but a tad milder.

I must say that I enjoy the scent aspect of shaving a lot more than I thought I would.
I picked up a tub of Glacial Satsuma several months ago and same as you, ordered it because I liked Orange Chill but like Glacial Satsuma more because it has more of a tangerine scent. I have Frozen Tundra, Glacial Citron, Glacial Satsuma, Stirling Spice, and Sandpiper at the time being and have emptied a few that included Margarita's in the Arctic, Bay Rum, and Barbershop. I've been using Stirling exclusively for 6+yrs now and don't see an end to it anytime soon!!

I picked up a tub of Glacial Satsuma several months ago and same as you, ordered it because I liked Orange Chill but like Glacial Satsuma more because it has more of a tangerine scent. I have Frozen Tundra, Glacial Citron, Glacial Satsuma, Stirling Spice, and Sandpiper at the time being and have emptied a few that included Margarita's in the Arctic, Bay Rum, and Barbershop. I've been using Stirling exclusively for 6+yrs now and don't see an end to it anytime soon!!

I have a sample puck of Satsuma (no menthol). My wife loves it!

That's what I love about the Stirling sample sizes: they don't cost you an arm and a leg but you can still get a lot of shaves out of 'em! It's a great way to try different scents.
I agree it's nice how they offer that size. For those brands that don't natively offer a small size I've also really appreciated how Maggard Razors offers a very wide variety of samples.

Stirling Soap samples?
Did somebody say samples?
Hey, I got yer samples right here!
(Bless 'em, they even threw in a little piece of Bay Rum for me!)

proxy.php

Top Bottom