What's new

Still Getting Bumps on Neck

Some great advice above!

I would just emphasize two points that helped me:
1. Map your beard to understand precisely what you are doing with each pass, especially in the problem areas.
2. Assure proper razor angle.

Keep with this and you will get the results you want!

Is this right? Feather are a lot more expensive.
Feather & Kai are more expensive, but well worth it IMO. Like I said, grab a 5er from a shaving supply site 1st before you make a $35 100 pack investment

Here, 5 packs to try

Last edited:
For your consideration...

I have experienced red bumps (irritation) on my neck at various times also. Like brother @BigJ said, it is very helpful to know which direction(s) the hairs grow on your neck so as not to shave against the grain accidentally. For me the hairs on my neck tend to grow north, so my first pass on my neck is south-to-north, unlike every commercial I've ever seen.

Hope this helps...

Put a feather blade on my merkur 34c and got incredible shave on the face. Was very smooth, long strokes. Neck is still a little problematic with irritation. Probably should just stick with 2 passes on the grain. As I did a third pass across the neck. How many shaves do you usually get out of a feather?

This is what I use in fact I use many of this company’s products. Soft Touch AHA, a 10% Mandelic Acid Gel - Stratia - https://www.stratiaskin.com/products/soft-touch-aha

it is 10% it is extremely gentle but works great
I got the product and have been applying it at night on my neck for a few days. It seems the bumps have gotten a little red. Did you experience this at first?

Also, I did try to shave ATG which def caused irritation. When I was shaving WTG, I did not get as close of a shave, but had little irritaiton.

I got the product and have been applying it at night on my neck for a few days. It seems the bumps have gotten a little red. Did you experience this at first?

Also, I did try to shave ATG which def caused irritation. When I was shaving WTG, I did not get as close of a shave, but had little irritaiton.
Nope, no reaction other than much smoother skin overall

Another vote for TendSkin.
It really helps after they have formed, but of course the best way is to find other ways in the shave to prevent them to begin with.
I've found that can be a combination of a million variables.

I too get problems when I shave against the grain, so I don’t.

Rubbing a cotton ball on your face will easily help you see your beard growth direction.

Bowl lathering is also a lot easier on sensitive skin than face lathering, plus it gives you the opportunity to add good stuff (like a few drops of glycerine) which really helps most soap/cream performance.

I too get problems when I shave against the grain, so I don’t.

Rubbing a cotton ball on your face will easily help you see your beard growth direction.

Bowl lathering is also a lot easier on sensitive skin than face lathering, plus it gives you the opportunity to add good stuff (like a few drops of glycerine) which really helps most soap/cream performance.
What do you apply pre and post shave? Also, are you using anything for exfoliating? I am prob not going to do ATG as it immediately caused major irritation.

What do you apply pre and post shave? Also, are you using anything for exfoliating? I am prob not going to do ATG as it immediately caused major irritation.

I really believe in keeping things simple. The more stuff you put on, higher are the chances of some sort of reaction.

As for exfoliation, rubbing a razor blade across the skin each time you shave is exfoliation enough.

My usual routine is to wash face with Dove soap, and leave the suds over the bread while I prepare some bowl lather. Usually add 3-4 drops of glycerine into bowl while creating lather. Then I rince my face and paint the lather on, then use fingers to massage into skin. Then shave WTG AND XTG only, usually do 1.5 to 2 passes. Rince face and apply Proraso splash and massage into skin. That’s it.

Before I discovered the glycerine trick I would also use Proraso preshave during the winter months (when my skin is at its driest) but we’ll have to wait until next winter to see if it is still necessay.

Hope this helps.

I really believe in keeping things simple. The more stuff you put on, higher are the chances of some sort of reaction.

As for exfoliation, rubbing a razor blade across the skin each time you shave is exfoliation enough.

My usual routine is to wash face with Dove soap, and leave the suds over the bread while I prepare some bowl lather. Usually add 3-4 drops of glycerine into bowl while creating lather. Then I rince my face and paint the lather on, then use fingers to massage into skin. Then shave WTG AND XTG only, usually do 1.5 to 2 passes. Rince face and apply Proraso splash and massage into skin. That’s it.

Before I discovered the glycerine trick I would also use Proraso preshave during the winter months (when my skin is at its driest) but we’ll have to wait until next winter to see if it is still necessay.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I think the Malenic Acid is actually causing my skin to dry more. But I am going to try it for a few more days. Biggest issue was for sure shaving ATG.

Top Bottom