What's new

Spirit of the Month - November 2009 - Talisker Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Talisker is one of my favourites. My Dad's a longtime scotch drinker, but mostly blends (Johnnie Walker black is his 'ultimate'). I get positive feedback from him when I give him a Speyside, but anything from the western isles gets a thumbs down.

So where scotch, they say, is an acquired taste, Talisker can be an acquired taste even for scotch drinkers. :001_rolle

We had a houseguest arrive last night with a bottle of 175th Anniversary with which to celebrate the acceptance of her dissertation. A little Talisker, a little Clynelish, some Highland Park sherry cask and a pillowy soft and sweet Caol Ila and as could be predicted a good time was had by all.

That Talisker is good wikkey.

Roger

I upgraded after the 10 year old and have the 18 year old now. And when the temperatures get down into the teens here in Kansas tonight I'll have one hand on the fire poker and the other on a dram of Talisker.:biggrin1:

Talisker is one of my favourites. My Dad's a longtime scotch drinker, but mostly blends (Johnnie Walker black is his 'ultimate'). I get positive feedback from him when I give him a Speyside, but anything from the western isles gets a thumbs down.

So where scotch, they say, is an acquired taste, Talisker can be an acquired taste even for scotch drinkers. :001_rolle

I had a hard time finding this set out anywhere, but I finally did. It had been my recollection that Johnnie Walker Black supposedly had a lot of Talisker in the blend and http://jason-scotchreviews.blogspot.com/2009/08/johnnie-walker-black-label.html says that it does!:

"The next step up is the Black Label. It is a big step up from the Red Label. This is due in part to a different recipe blend and the component whiskies. 40 different malt and grain whiskies of at least 12 yrs are used. The core of this spirit is the single malt: Talisker."

Not to say that your dad is wrong. I do not know that I would have said that the core of JWB is Talisker, but my palate is not all that great!

Top Bottom