What's new

Whiterook Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet Member Whiterook
126380.jpg

@Whiterook has been a member of B&B since June 05, 2019

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?
The usual way! You guys just kept coming up when I searched for answers on google.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
I'm an IT guy. I started out feeding cards into the hopper on an IBM 360 back in the seventies. Since then I've done almost everything from COBOL programming to management. I promised myself when I was young that I would never completely leave the technical side and I kept that promise.
Because of that, the short answer I give people is network engineer, but I am retired now.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I was born in Houston, Texas. I'm pretty happy here in Hawaii, so I'll say Oahu.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Right here in Paradise!

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
I love to read and listen to music. I mostly like classical and jazz, but rock is good for driving around. I have a decent sized collection of military firearms, most late 1890s and into the cold war. I love to shoot these, so that also makes me a reloader, which I enjoy very much. Finally in the evenings I like to sip a neat whisky. I like single malt scotch, bourbon, and rye.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?
After I bought my first Ever-Ready razor I decided the Ever-Ready man would suit as my avatar.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
My late brother. I miss him!

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
I always wanted my private pilot license, but stuff just got in the way. I've had some time in the right seat and flying around these islands is fantastic.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
Being a decent stepfather. When my daughter reached 21 she asked me to adopt her, and we did that. It made the judges day as well.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Never let anything stop you, keep moving forward.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
I'd like to be strong and healthy. I've had health problems all my life.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
Probably an eagle living in a vast national forest far away from people.

13. What kind of music do you like?
Classical, jazz and rock.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
This is kind of a twofer, but Winston Churchill. There is a man who made a difference! Also think about growing up in Blenheim palace!

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
What a boring man!

Fantastic interview!

Spent 7 years of my life in SW Houston. 0 years, or even days, of my life in the great State of Hawaii. Some day.

I have to agree with @PRobots , that you do indeed take some really nice pictures.

Thank you for taking the time to give us some insight of yourself.

Nicely done!

Excellent interview @Whiterook !
Nice to meet the man behind some of the most beautiful photos on B&B!

You take some of the most elegant photos on B&B indeed, a visual pleasure :thumbup1:

I have to agree with @PRobots , that you do indeed take some really nice pictures.
You are very kind, gentlemen. I just use my phone and I have never considered myself much of a photographer. I do like to display my collection and I am glad you appreciate them.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is so weird. I always thought your username was "WhiteROCK"...... I had no idea until they all asked you about chess what they were talking about, and then it took me a minute....

Anyone that says spelling ain't important never had dyslexia, lol. Weird.

This is so weird. I always thought your username was "WhiteROCK"...... I had no idea until they all asked you about chess what they were talking about, and then it took me a minute....

Anyone that says spelling ain't important never had dyslexia, lol. Weird.
It's confusing because I put a chess piece in my photo so if they are used elsewhere I know they are mine. I resisted doing that for a time, because I might be misrepresenting myself. Whiterock would be cool, but Sargeant Saunders used Whiterook over the radio. As a kid I got a pair of walkie-talkies for Christmas and borrowed his call sign.

I really enjoyed the interview Whiterook, as well as the exchanges we have had over the last several months. You’re a gentleman and well respected on our B&B fraternity just like so many others.
Enjoy the rest of our mid summer July weekend!

Top Bottom