What's new

Spirit of the Month - December 2008 - Germain-Robin B&B Deal from Caddell & Williams!

Quick update for the MD/TN/UT/MA folks -- there has been no further information from any of the distributors I contacted. Your best bet -- ask your favorite liquor store to get this fine brandy from the distributor I listed for your area.

Folks outside of MD/TN/UT/MA -- December's a'comin! Time to place that order with Caddell and Williams! :w00t:

I'm visiting my family in East TN, and thought I would let the locals know that the One Stop in Johnson City has a couple bottles of this brandy on the shelves. I believe it was just over $50.

Now that it's December, any tasting notes?

Aha! I am almost done with my bottle of Alambic already. This is a very good brandy if you like a fairly dry style. I get salted caramel in the aroma, and plenty of raisiny goodness in the taste. The finish is huge - it builds and builds after swallowing. This is definitely one to savor slowly, since it is so complex.

The one thing I like about this in particular is that it is a brandy that doesn't forget that it was once grapes. You get it clearly in the aroma and flavor; the phantom of the grapes that were. Some brandies are so mucked up with wood and alcohol that they may have well have been made in a laboratory. Not so with the Alambic.

I was quite impressed with the Germain-Robin brandy. It was too smooth to drink with a cigar. The first time I had a sip was with a Fuente Hemingway and I couldn’t taste the brandy. But without the cigar, I found it to be complex and mellow. The hints of vanilla and honey were wonderful. I could see myself ordering more of this. Their Christmas blend was nice, but for the price, I thought that the alambic brandy was much better.

Top Bottom