What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - April 09

This looks like the place, I guess.

As best as I've found out, this is a Sheaffer Admiral. Got it for $15 at a second-hand shop. (I'm told that is highly happy-dance worthy of a price.)

full

Most frustratingly, I've been all over the city of Cleveland and several outlying suburbs looking for a higher-end Laphroaig for our SOTM, but couldn't find a single bottle. So I picked up another bottle of the 10 -- I'm fairly familiar with it, so its not super exciting, but it'll certainly allow me my fair share of peat whilst permitting me to save my (over twice as expensive) bottle of Lagavulin 16.

However, I've been looking for a bottle of the Balvenie 15yr Single Barrel for quite some time, and the "last ditch" boozery I drove to after work happened to have it. So I splurged, even having purchased a Cragganmore recently. I'm glad I did. The date makes this indulgence especially meaningful, and suffice it to say that I'll be sipping from it slowly and reflecting on it for years to come. :sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
The return of a trade on another forum. A restored Esterbrook J with 2668 nib installed and an Osmiroid medium italic nib on the side.

My half of the deal were two Slim Adjustables, '66 and '67.

A little extra cash came my way, so I headed over to the Bruceton Antique Mall.

Found this Estie SJ for $16. 9128 (extra fine flexible) nib. The insides are more than likely toast. One should not hear a crunching noise when starting to work the lever. :eek:

So it's got to go into the shop. If nothing else, I've got an extra nib for the other Estie I got today.

Today, the American Red Cross in conjunction with the New York Rangers held a Blood Drive up in Seacaucus, NJ. As a gift for giving a pint of blood, each person was given a jersey for free. Here's mine:

proxy.php

Okay, okay. The Rangers are choking down the stretch, but I'll still wear this. :smile:

Today, the American Red Cross in conjunction with the New York Rangers held a Blood Drive up in Seacaucus, NJ. As a gift for giving a pint of blood, each person was given a jersey for free. Here's mine:

proxy.php

Okay, okay. The Rangers are choking down the stretch, but I'll still wear this. :smile:

You still overpaid.

LET'S GO PENS! :wink:

I have been a scotch drinker most of my life, but I am starting to appreciate bourbon more lately. I picked up a bottle of Knob Creek and a bottle of Buffalo Trace yesterday.

You guys are killing me on the whiskey glasses.... Yet another thing to buy.

Completely worth it.

Now if I could find some place that would actually sell me a Michael Jackson Whiskey Connoisseur Glass...

John's right, they honestly make a huge difference. Scotto, if you want a bourbon glass, check out the Riedel Vinum Cognac Hennessy Glass. It's only around $15 and is the best bourbon glass I've found thus far.

John, if you find the Michael Jackson glass will you send me a PM?

Thanks!

John's right, they honestly make a huge difference. Scotto, if you want a bourbon glass, check out the Riedel Vinum Cognac Hennessy Glass. It's only around $15 and is the best bourbon glass I've found thus far.

John, if you find the Michael Jackson glass will you send me a PM?

Thanks!

You know I will. I've been searching high and low and WILL find them.

Even better. You pick them all up for me, and then I resell a couple at huge markup to Tim. Work for you?

Is that on top of your huge markup. :biggrin:

I am curious how different they will be to my Glenmorangie set I picked up a while ago. Here is a pic...

proxy.php

Here is the MJ one...
proxy.php

The only thing missing is the pamphlet where MJ tells me how to enjoy in 4 steps....hmmmm....I think they are pretty similiar.

Top Bottom